We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tutorial: How add new car on TDU

JPTH

I have a few questions:

1- When giving the reference number to the car name, you've set: 000000001

Can i give it another number? Like, 000111000?

2- If i do that number, i will need to change the 0000010 to "match"? Or this can be a random number?

3- The 010 that you say, where 015 would be Gallardo's, there is another risk to hit other car ID? Or i can give it a 111?

4- When giving the ID for the rims, you have set a very random number like: 06858512, can i change it to: 00111000 for example? Or is this rim number automatically generated?

5- What would be the process of making a slot able to use 2 different rims? Like a M6 that has at the dealer, the option to use M6 rims and M5 rims, where both would be named as:

BMW_M6_F_01.bnk

BMW_M6_F_02.bnk

Edit:

6- Why i exactly need the TDUF for?

I have a few questions:

1- When giving the reference number to the car name, you've set: 000000001

Can i give it another number? Like, 000111000?

2- If i do that number, i will need to change the 0000010 to "match"? Or this can be a random number?

3- The 010 that you say, where 015 would be Gallardo's, there is another risk to hit other car ID? Or i can give it a 111?

4- When giving the ID for the rims, you have set a very random number like: 06858512, can i change it to: 00111000 for example? Or is this rim number automatically generated?

5- What would be the process of making a slot able to use 2 different rims? Like a M6 that has at the dealer, the option to use M6 rims and M5 rims, where both would be named as:

BMW_M6_F_01.bnk

BMW_M6_F_02.bnk

?

1 - Yeah, just cannot be the same number of one already exist on TDU database

2 - Yeah you need change to 000111000, because its the value you set, no cannot be the random number

3 - Yeah, you need to see all ID cars value cannot be the sabe number, if 111 no exist on ID cars, you can use.

4 - I think you can, but use a diferent ref of you carphysicsdata for example: 08858512, 10858512, 14858512, ect..., its not generate, you have to create a number.

5 - Yes, but you need give a number the rims file for example: 123|bmw_m6_f01||124|bmw_m6_f_02 you cant use.bnk

Also, each step i will save an "installer" .pch file? Like, a .pch to rims, other to give it ID, and so on?

#thisisconfusing. :lol:

You just change the instructions, i make a diferent patches to create names, another to update the rims, ect...

You can do it in the same patch

You need TDUF to accept the new files.

Well... i don't know how to use TDUF, plus, my TDU is in the folder that Djey says it can NOT be. I would need to re-install TDU, and probably mess up with that Java thing... add a new car in TDU is way too advanced for my little knowledge on computering. :(

Edit: If someone else, edit my database files and etc, leaving for me the job to only put the files in the right folder, would it work? :lol:

can work, but if you want add 50 cars, takes alot of time for the person made the job for you.....

About the TDUF, you execute, then you write:

MappingTool;

MapppingTool fix-missing --bnkDir"C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk"

"C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk" is where your tdu is instaled for example.

When you say TDU have to accept new file with TDUF, is it with Djey's tutorial ? TDUF is very complicated for me too but I don't give up :D

Edit: No finally I'm about to give up. TDUF is way to complicated for me.

I don't know what to do after I've wrote " MappingTool fix-missing --bnkDir "C:\Program Files(x86)\Test Drive Unlmited\Euro\Bnk" "

It says the Bnk1.Map fixing is done. But does it says the new files are now accepted ?

Before, what this will do? If it will replace my java and etc, i don't think it's a good idea. I have Minecraft installed in this laptop, and it also uses java, i don't want it to bug other games or things on my computer.

Usually when i do these things on my own i always end up screwing up something.

When you say TDU have to accept new file with TDUF, is it with Djey's tutorial ? TDUF is very complicated for me too but I don't give up :D

Edit: No finally I'm about to give up. TDUF is way to complicated for me.

I don't know what to do after I've wrote " MappingTool fix-missing --bnkDir "C:\Program Files(x86)\Test Drive Unlmited\Euro\Bnk" "

It says the Bnk1.Map fixing is done. But does it says the new files are now accepted ?

If says Bnk1.map fixing is done, the files are accepted.