We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tutorial: How add new car on TDU

JPTH

Hey JPTH :) Now I'm on it seriously again but I don't really know what button I've got to click and where to go in the steps. To me it's not detailed enough. Could you explain a bit more how to give Files an ID ? (Step 2) What we have to do for adding new car physics data ? (Step 3) How to connect the wheels to the car ? (Step 8) Please :D

Also you should add a link to Djey's tutorial for making TDU accept new files with TDUF. (Step 1) As it's not sounding very clear to me at the beginning but I've finally understood at the end. That's for other people.

Thank you for your help. Hopefully I'll understand the process completely very soon :cool:

EDIT: Do I need any of those numbers after I've made TDU accept new files with TDUF ? I'm addind actually the Lancia Stratos. Bnk names are "Stratos"

lyWaCRh.jpg

EDIT 2: Okay some of what I've understand basically so far:

(1) For Step 2 to 4, We have to set any number to our Bnk file name. But the number we choose mustn't be the same as one already use in the Database. Can we really use random numbers ? Does all these file belong to "Update Resource" > "CarPhysicsData" + "Rims" ? Or is there any other Contents of the database who correspond to a BNK file like for the sound ?

(2) Could you explain more about the numbers in Step 3 please. Do we must put "010" for the body, "00111000" for interior etc...

(3) I think I understand the process but I don't really know how to exactly make everything work. So the process is:

- Put the BNK files like "Stratos" in our TDU Folder

- Make these BNK being accepted by TDU with TDUF with the MappigTools option

- Create the slot in the database

Question: How do I marry the BNK files and the Database I've created together ?

- Update TDUMT and TDUPE to be able to set the car in the dealer, set colors, set physics...

Hey JPTH :) Now I'm on it seriously again but I don't really know what button I've got to click and where to go in the steps. To me it's not detailed enough. Could you explain a bit more how to give Files an ID ? (Step 2) What we have to do for adding new car physics data ? (Step 3) How to connect the wheels to the car ? (Step 8) Please :D

Also you should add a link to Djey's tutorial for making TDU accept new files with TDUF. (Step 1) As it's not sounding very clear to me at the beginning but I've finally understood at the end. That's for other people.

Thank you for your help. Hopefully I'll understand the process completely very soon :cool:

EDIT: Do I need any of those numbers after I've made TDU accept new files with TDUF ? I'm addind actually the Lancia Stratos. Bnk names are "Stratos"

http://i.imgur.com/lyWaCRh.jpg

EDIT 2: Okay some of what I've understand basically so far:

(1) For Step 2 to 4, We have to set any number to our Bnk file name. But the number we choose mustn't be the same as one already use in the Database. Can we really use random numbers ? Does all these file belong to "Update Resource" > "CarPhysicsData" + "Rims" ? Or is there any other Contents of the database who correspond to a BNK file like for the sound ?

(2) Could you explain more about the numbers in Step 3 please. Do we must put "010" for the body, "00111000" for interior etc...

(3) I think I understand the process but I don't really know how to exactly make everything work. So the process is:

- Put the BNK files like "Stratos" in our TDU Folder

- Make these BNK being accepted by TDU with TDUF with the MappigTools option

- Create the slot in the database

Question: How do I marry the BNK files and the Database I've created together ?

- Update TDUMT and TDUPE to be able to set the car in the dealer, set colors, set physics...

Okay, im not good making tutorial, but i will try to you understand how add lancia stratos.

Give a new value to the name file on TDUMT for stratos:

0000010|Stratos and for the rims 000000100|Stratos_F01

In carphysicsdata form you replace the numbers on tutorial for this:

0000000001 - Ref

0000010 - ID car file

001 - ID car

0000000001|0000000001..... 0000010.....001(id car)

Add new wheels(replace the numbers):

1000000100 - Ref

55665512 - Rim folder (AC ID)

000000100 - File rim name ID

1000000100|1000000100....55665512 000000100 000000100

Conect the wheels to the car:

0000000001 - carphysics ref

1000000100 - rims Ref

0000000001- 1000000100|0000000001 1000000100

I hope you understand.

What I really don't understand is the Installer bit and the numbers. It looks very evident for you but imagine for us when we are not familiar with values and the installer tool of TDUMT. You just need to detail every single step.

What are the numbers ? What button is doing what ? etc... Something very detailed please :) You can make a video if you want as it could be a lot more clear and we would see what exactly we have to do.

I've got a problem with the exterior in TDUF. It seems that TDUF can't find the exterior Bnk. But it can find the interior and the sound without any problem.

[ATTACH]22704[/ATTACH]

Is it right to say TDUF have accepted the new file when it says "Bnk.Map" fixing done: C:\........\A110_I"

Hello there !

I've got 3 questions :)

1: To make the slot working, have we got to active the rims ? Because I've managed to active the slot but I can't see the car ingame. I can see it in TDUMT but in TDUPE It says "resource not found"

2: How do you translate the database to other languages ? I tried to open CarPhysicsData (DB_FR) with TDUUT but it didn't work.

3: How do you ad HUDs and Rims in TDUPE ? I would like to be able to have a bigger choices of them

Thanks for replies :)

I've got a problem with the exterior in TDUF. It seems that TDUF can't find the exterior Bnk. But it can find the interior and the sound without any problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22704[/ATTACH]

Is it right to say TDUF have accepted the new file when it says "Bnk.Map" fixing done: C:\........\A110_I"

i think you are misusing mapping tool. File name you'll give after --mapFile should not be a bnk it's the bnk1.map file location you should enter. The new bnk files have to be put in correct directory before executing tduf.

I know how to change the vehicule ID but add a new slot in TDU is far more complicated than I've first expected. I'm trying to understand every little step, I make mistake easily and some steps doesn't go well like TDUF or manipulate the rims' ID numbers. It take a lot of time to understand. A lot of time means more than 7 Hours when civicman, JPTH or Djey can ad a car in 15min.

I'm nearly there my self, the new slot is added but the files haven't been recognized by TDUF and the rims doesn't work. The car doesn't show up ingame (which is normal).

When I'm gonna understand all that, I'm gonna make a video tuto because Honestly I'm sorry to say that, in any tuto here, it took me ages to understand anything. Not many things are well detailed. Let me reminds that there are some people who have a very little knowledge of how numbers, tools and files works. It's not evident for anyone.

Please don't take me wrong anyone. Just saying my opinion. Thanks to all who made these 2 tutorials but sorry to say it's not clear enough.

I'VE DONE IT !!! :D THE NOOB I AM CAN DO IT !

Big thanks to Djey, JPTH, Speeder and civicmanvtec who have made this possible ! Really guys top jobs all of you ! :happyroll:

EDIT: Here is my final BMW M6 :) Fully new slots in the database, new rims, new sound, Fuel is working, physics works perfectly, Own colors, Own slot in dealership, I can modify the car in the traditional way of replacing files and a lot more... All that got it's own file in the BNK folder. Not bad uh ? :D

JNxEyzI.jpg

N9PP6fU.jpg

EDIT2: Just done the Alpine this morning:

1PQycxz.jpg

Again, works perfect. :cool:

Video tutorial is planned. I don't know when I'm gonna release it. Got also a project of adding new slots in mind. We will see ;)

TUTORIAL EVRYONE :D

This is part 1. You'll learn how to create a slot in the database, make the MagicMap accept new files and marry the Bnks to the database.

In this tutorial, I will install the Ferrari FXX.

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE MODIFY ANYTHING ! THE RISK OF MAKING A MISTAKE IS BIG AND YOU MAY LOOSE EVERYTHING !!!

Step are detailed here Civicman's Tuto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ydBT-aBjo

At the end of this tutorial, you should:

- be able to have fully working physics

- be able to modify the car in TDUPE and TDUMT without any crash

- Have the exterior and interior shape of the car, sound and HUD working.

Here is the result:

x9aheBw.jpg

Part 2 is coming later (Rims). If you can't wait, I let you know it's quiet similar to part one, follow civicman's instruction and you'll get there. Civicman's Tuto

Feel free to ask any help. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...