We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[TDUF Research] Tutorials : Cameras overbloating attempts

Djey

Great research! Now comes the hardest part though I think; easy editing of the cameras... But now that we have them in JSON format, editing is made alot easier. Any idea about what the 'unknown' hex parts contain?

Thanks! Indeed there are many unknown areas in this file... And no idea of which setting will be affected.

But now, we already have a few settings found by the developer of camera tool. Way better than before. Maybe enough to fine tune for some mods?

While a tool like btrq editor ever comes for cams, I guess a tutorial will be needed to fiddle with json things.

Tduf file tool tutorial should be OK to start with.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Good job men!!!!

In the second tuto I have a question:

The question is: When I put: CameraTool copy-all-sets -c "cameras.bin" -o "new cameras.bin" -s sourceCameraIdentifier -t newCameraIndentifier the TDUF siad that -c is not a valid option. Which is the -c??

Thanks!!

• 4 months later...

I did this:

[ATTACH]24168[/ATTACH]

I open TDUMT and apears this:

[ATTACH]24169[/ATTACH]

I renamed the new file "cameras.bin.extended" to "Cameras.bin" and i replace for the file on database and TDUMT/xml/default.

What i did wrong or what i need to do?

I update the new camera on TDUPE.

You should not replace Cameras.bin file in TDUMT XML/default directory. As it's kept as reference purpose :)

If issue persists, switch to Debug mode in TDUMT Settings, restart app then try to make it crash again. Finally, attach ModdingToolsDebug.log file here.

---

In the other hand, new camera set do not seem to work completely. Copied camera sets are broken : the game gives default view for the vehicle when setting camera Id with TDUMT. I need to rework it sadly :(