We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Saturday Multiplayer #1: Assetto Corsa on March 28.

Ryzza5

assetto-corsa-nurburgring-nordschleife-dream-pack-jpg.84448

So I've been playing a bit of AC recently and have really been enjoying its' tourist and endurance layouts of the Nordschliefe circuit. If you've got a copy of the game as well as the dream pack, and you're not doing anything this Saturday, post your expression of interest to join below:

Assetto Corsa - Saturday 28 March

California: 2:30am

London: 9:30am

Melbourne: 8:30pm

(Assuming DST doesn't change between now and then)

I'm planning on hijacking some public servers (shouldn't be an issue) but if you have awesome Internet and want to host you're most welcome to. Note that there is a separate dedicated server exe; you can't create lobbies in-game.

1. Ryzza5

2. Ozzmcom

3. superhyper

If this takes off, we'll look to set up regular turboduck multiplayer events in various games (including TDU). If you're running a little late just ping us on Steam chat to get connection details.

Either Diablo scared them off or they must value sleeping in more than playing with us.

I thought we'd get some interest from the guys who regularly post AC screenshots.

well they're weird...

anyway we should have some fun on a public server, ac community is not that bad.

It has the laser-scanned Nordschliefe circuit, the Nordschliefe tourist circuit, and the Nordschliefe Endurance circuit.

And a bunch of cars.

Meh. I was thinking along the lines of 5 completely different tracks. I don't change cars very often. Give me new places to play.

I guess the only way to release a decent number of tracks as DLC is either (a) having a lot of track devs employed, or (b) keeping some of the tracks hidden away for months while the smaller number of track devs finish the rest of them. We know Kunos to be a small team, so I'm happy with the latter.

Going off topic, with all the existing pCARS tracks all polished, there are a few devs assigned to making a new track from scratch (not seen official in any other game afaik) and they seem to be going pretty quickly by the progress screenshots. Not sure when it will be complete. Seeing a couple of DLC cars being built now as well (they're only basic 3D models at this point).

So for the PC events my suggestion is we join the tduck Steam group chatroom, like so:

8o8s7Z2a1bRa5Z7wJRjCkRbFd33P4F.png

Plan is to join a tourist layout server first, have a bit of fun, then maybe get a bit more serious with the server that usually runs GT3 races on the endurance layout. Will discuss the server details and discuss what cars we're picking in Steam chat.