We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Project CARS Post-Launch Discussion Thread

Ryzza5

With some lucky console players already in-game and the global digital release just hours away, here's a thread to use for your thoughts, questions, tips, etc.

Quick preview from Darin Gangi; TL:DW = so far so impressed.

In case you didn't know, the UK Kart Nationals artwork was created by yours truly.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swapped my Amazon pre-order for the PSN digital LE as it was only a fiver extra (and I really want the McLaren F1) and I get to play it a day earlier. :)

Will be interesting to see how the PS4 version stacks up against my PC version.

Where do screenshots taken on photomode save?

The photo mode is a bit weird (at least on PC), you access your saved photos through your Driver Network Profile screen thingy (toggle between photos and replays by clicking a button at top-right). Bring the photo back up and use whatever capture software you have.

There are plans to re-enable some of the dev tools we've had access to (i.e. Ctrl+F for free-cam and then just capture a shot with the HUD off, which is a preferred method for many of us).

Swapped my Amazon pre-order for the PSN digital LE as it was only a fiver extra (and I really want the McLaren F1) and I get to play it a day earlier. :)

I wonder where you got that idea from.

Well, so far I'm not enjoying it. :lol:

The AI seem to go out of their way just to nudge you into a wall or off the track. If they make contact with you, you lose pretty much all steering even if it's just a tap but they carry on like nothing happened. If I nudge them, I lose steering again and they carry on as if nothing happened.

Did a race in a thunderstorm and the only tyres I could choose from were slicks or summer tyres which meant I had no chance of keeping up with anyone. Try to follow the same line as the AI at a much slower speed than them but it's still too fast.

And the lap invalidated thing is just awesome. 2 wheels off on the outside of the track on the start finish straight at brands hatch and my current lap and next lap are invalidated. It slowed me down, how could I get an advantage from going slower on a straight. :fp:

But driving around a track on my own for the most part is fine when I can choose suitable tyres.

Also noticed that on some tracks if you go on the rumble strips the game seems to run at half speed and as soon as you come off the rumble strips it runs at lightning speed and launches you into what ever you were facing.

It seems quite inconsistent in this though. In the karting championship there are some corners that you get get all 4 wheels on the grass and not have the lap invalidated. Some corners where you can get away with it sometimes and others where you get 2 wheels slightly on the grass and it invalidates your lap.

Still, it's not as bas the the Driveclub corner cutting penalties. :lol:

Off track areas are defined by manually by whoever set it up, it's not necessarily tied to the surface you are on. If you're going off track you're not setting the fastest possible time anyway. Your lap times are only recorded and uploaded in Time Trial mode anyway, so it's a bit redundant when racing AI.

You might try going into the options menu and turning off Flags and Penalties.

I got the Lykan and the Cinque and the other cars... I don't know which pack is it.

Btw, how do I access the forums? I have a user which I did long time ago, I used it to log into the game the first time with no problems. When I access the forums all subforums says that there are no threads there... Any ideas?