We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

"Like" option not appearing

TDU3FTW

Question

Hi guys,

Sorry if this isn't the right section of the forum to post this. I've been having a weird issue which some of you might have had or not. Sometimes (most of the times) the "like" option doesn't appear for me when I'm logged in. I want to thank the modders for their awesome creations and can't due to this strange bug. Is there a limit on the "like" option or something? :lol: Anyone ever had this issue?

21 answers to this question

Edit: And yes, this is not the right section, this forums is way bigger than TDU Mod shop. ;)

This, you should totally look around a bit. Moved to Site Issues.

Anyways, yes. Though if you want to thank the modders, why not a) write an actual post to thank them or b) give them some reputation instead which actually shows instead of an anonymous "like" on their profile. That's the actual purpose of the reputation function of the forum.

Look for this button at the left bottom corner of posts: xnVn33S.png

Anyways, yes. Though if you want to thank the modders, why not a) write an actual post to thank them or b) give them some reputation instead which actually shows instead of an anonymous "like" on their profile. That's the actual purpose of the reputation function of the forum.

Look for this button at the left bottom corner of posts: http://i.imgur.com/xnVn33S.png

Ok, thanks for your input and for moving my question to the appropriate section. :) I have given rep to some modders/users already. I will be giving more rep and less likes, that way I won't hit the "like" limit :lol: The "like" function expresses gratitude in a much faster way than commenting on every thread you like, that's why I use the "like" option often. Anyway I don't see how a "like" is anonymous when the name of the person appears in the thread/comment.

Look for this button at the left bottom corner of posts: http://i.imgur.com/xnVn33S.png

Isn't reputation is anonymous? Likes show your username :confused:

Reputation is anonymous and people tend to put their name in the rep comment when it's positive, not so much with negative rep, however we can check who gave any sort of rep and also if there is any dodgy rep-boosting being undertaken.

Like = Thanks but not enough to say with a post. (you can of course like and post a reply if the desire fills you)

Reply = Show your thanks and appreciation by taking the time to show it.

Rep+ = Thank-you so much that you feel they should receive some virtual plutonium-esque bar'age. (usually accompanied by name of giver)

Rep- = Completely disagree with what you have said and feel strongly enough about it that I think you should be red bar'd to give a small indication to visitors what kind of person you are. (typically anonymous but staff can check if there's a need to do so)

Like = Thanks but not enough to say with a post. (you can of course like and post a reply if the desire fills you)

Reply = Show your thanks and appreciation by taking the time to show it.

Allow me to respectfully disagree with this bit of your personal definition of these two concepts above. To say that a "like" doesn't have the same "feeling" than saying it with a comment (which is implied in your definition) is a bit judgemental as I see it. Sure, when you comment you put your time into it but there's no way to say what's on a persons mind or heart when they "like" without posting a reply. E.g. My point above was that if someone wants to show their appreciation in each topic of 6 pages of threads (example) they will need a LOT of time to reply in each single post, which to me doesn't make sense, unless you have time to do it of course. Personally, in that case I think it would be more appropriate to "like" or "rep+" than to just post a reply saying "thanks" (which you would have to in order to be able to reply to every single thread), which is kind of impersonal in a sense. But as I said, this is just my opinion and personal perspective, hope you get my point.

Oh I get what you mean, believe me I do, and I would love to agree but I cannot as I know the majority of Likes is done because the person cannot be bothered to comment. Also saying just thanks or words to the same effect in a post just shows the same sort of thing.

When I say the above I mean it in the sort of context of something helpful being the point of the reaction.

... as I know the majority of Likes is done because the person cannot be bothered to comment.

Yes, that's probably true. I don't know about others, but in my case sometimes you just don't know what to say, I mean, you'll end up repeating what others have already said or you'll just end up typing isolated impersonal words that don't communicate any "feeling". In my country there's a saying (don't know if there's an equivalent in english) that states something like"whoever is silent or whoever becomes silent agrees", i.e. in certain circumstances silence is a positive confirmation/approval and in this sense, to me, a silent "like" or a silent "rep+" speak louder than words. This is how I feel sometimes when seeing the great pics of some mods or the effort done by some users, no matter what they created.

Funny, I DID read that thread yesterday... but only FIRST post cause I wondered who this Seven was. XD

Lol! :lol:

I'm guessing you've figured it out by now, but just in case "Seven" is the name of the theme. Basically every number is every sort of.. generation of the site. Diablo keeps updating the site to keep it fresh :duck: