We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Concept Cars that should have made production

CarMadMike

Taking the idea from Carthrottle's Video, what Concept Cars do you wish had made production?

They nominate:

Do you disagree with their list, are any of their nominations your favourite concept car?

What other cars should have made the list d'ya think? :)

We're okay to post pics btw, I just didn't in my post as there was enough info in the post as it was :D

I agree with your selections, the Jag was my #1 post but I was going to post my choices in a different post haha.

Regarding the Estoque, I feel they should have gone down the 2+2 route with it as to satisfy all the purists.

It would have looked like this (my own rendering from years ago :p)

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x6/carmadmike/LamborghiniEspadapng.png

That Initiale Paris concept really doesn't look that different to the new espace Milli, which looks great on the road, a desirable car rather than the 'eughhhhh should have used a condom' machine that the previous espaces have been.

Interesting that 3 Cadillacs have come up.... for what is relatively a small company on the global stage. I couldn't agree more with all 3 concept cars mentioned in this thread. Having those lalalala cars would differentiate Cadillac from other American companies and put it on a standing with Bentley etc on a global stage.

I agree with the AeroVette and Furai, awesome machines. Either of those would get my vote from their list. My additions would be:

Saab aeroX, I love its looks and the cool canopy design. Perhaps it would be too extreme to sell decently, but I think every manufacturer should sell something that's way out of the book at least once.

Saab-Aero-X-Concept-widescreen-010.jpg

C111-2, the original one with the wide tires and wankelengine and not that half historically correct V8-powered thing they're driving outside on a monthly base. I think this car would have made a nice couple with the M1.

motorfull.com.files.2010.03.mercedes-benz-c111-trasera.jpg

C112, would have fitted nice in the group of 90's supercars, being pretty different (slower and very computerized). Used a lot of components from existing cars so it still beats me why they didn't see a future with the C112. To complete the German contribution to that whole class of 90's awesomeness, I'd get an Audi Avus as well.

Paris_-_Mondial_de_l'automobile_2010_-_Mercedes_C_112_-_001.JPG

My own C114!.....j/k......nah not really, I want it.

Some more cars, like the Kia GT4 Stinger, Opel GTC Concept, Holden Efijy and Holden Coupe 60.

I'll start off with The Aston DBC Concept, not an offical Aston Concept car but still - PLEASE BUILD IT NOW. DBC > LIFE.

Aston-1.jpg

Now to those cray frenchies:

The GT Concept, I feel it was quite revolutionary style-wise for its day, and that other companies have taken inspiration from it in one way or another:

citroen-gt-concept-hr-01.jpg

The Metropolis Concept: Because it's french it won't be reliable or fast, so it needs to be god damn stylish and this thing has buckets of style:

CitroenMetropolisFrontSideAngleCloser.jpg

The Ford O12C, for obvious reasons :D

The-Ford-021c-Concept-Car.jpg

The Lotus Esprit BECAUSE GOD DAMNIT DANY BAHAR YOU OWED US THIS YOU CRUEL CRUEL CRUEL PERSON

2010-Lotus-Concept-Cars-81.jpg

The Alfa Romeo Carabo, because how awesome would it be to pull up to a Countach (I know it came first chill) at the lights and see the face on its driver because your car is even crazier and more pointier.

alfa_romeo_carabo_01pop.jpg?itok=oc3hHU1X

I have mixed feelings over the A110-50, yes it's stunning and sounds amazing but I feel that for a mechanically functioning Concept Car they went a bit too far in making it hardcore, the current Renault Demographic simply wouldn't be interested in it and the current renault reputation due to this demographic might have possibly deterred as much interest as if it had an Alfa badge for example.

If it was a bit tamer, like a Renault version of Alfa's 4C then it might be production worthy, but for now... it's simply got the wrong badge on.

Off hand...

Rover 75 Coupe

Rover-75_Coupe_Concept_2004_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

A handsome looking thing that never made it past the concept. (Due to well...the company going bully up). Would have only came with the V6 or 8 engines, and have been the top of the line of the 75 range, having a more bespoke feel to it.

[ATTACH]23737[/ATTACH]

Would have been a much better and realistic thing to sell than the MG SV(Which, while totally bad ass and mental, killed the company).

The current car/concept still lives...but has now been badged up as an MG Motors UK owning it. (car politics and all, they can't use the rover name...)