We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

dds file preferances

pdxrodbuilder

I've figured zmodeler out pretty well and have modified a lot of cars and can import lots of stuff as long as I use in game textures but that really limits me. I've tried my hands at converting other models into true format with one massive problem I can't get a strait solution to...

I know how to convert 2nd to dds and back again... One problem. I can't seem to make a readable dds file... every time I edit a dds file and save it and try to put it back in game when that texture file is read the game crashes... I've decided that it has to be in the dad's format that I'm saving the file in... I've searched high and low for hours trying to find information on this and it seems those who know won't tell anybody. I could get some pretty cool car mods in the game if someone could just help me with dds format. I'm currently using gimp 2 for editing it seems to be the most recommended editor for tdu dds files... If you know of a tutorial that explains this or if you don't want this information in the open but would like to help just send me a personal message. If you want it kept a secret that's fine I just want to add some cool cars into the game that I know a lot of people would really enjoy.