We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 6 Time Attack League (Week 5)

Camel

[headline]Time Attack League[/headline]

E84iE5C.jpg

Enjoy this week! A stock car was requested so a stock car it is. :) Although I may have shot myself in the foot.

What's this about?

Earlier this year, Prophecy came up with a great idea for some community competition. What is it, I hear you ask? I'll let him explain in his own words:

Have you been living under a rock? Time Attack is a real world discipline of motorsport where the winner is not based on physical track position or amount of laps completed, its purely based on lap time. You know the rivals leaderboards? Time Attack. Think qualifying laps, except you can bin the car and still win the race, as long as you qualified first.

All you have to do is set the fastest time. So, each week a car or car restrictions and a track will be chosen by the winner of the previous week. It can be any car, or it can be car restrictions such as: Class, Performance Index, FWD/RWD/AWD, Mid-Engined, Naturally Aspirated, Pre-1970, etc. That is up to you, if you win. :smig: You can choose any track, with any weather. The competition will run from Monday to Saturday (beginning and ending at 00:00 UTC/GMT), which should allow plenty of time for the winner to choose the next track.

Think of it as turboduck's own Rivals, but with some proper rivalry in the community. (Camel smells awesome) :evil:

The Rules:

• You must use the car (or a car that meets the restrictions) and track chosen by the previous winner.
  • Tuning/setups are not allowed this week.
  • Dirty laps do not count, stay off the lawn kids.
  • Laps do not have to be from a standing start (flying laps count).
  • If you already have a faster lap recorded outside of the competition, this does not count, you must record another and take a picture for proof.
  • If you win, don't forget to chose a car/track for the next week before Monday!
  • Make sure to do your times in RIVALS (or free play), they will not be recorded in test drive.

[headline]Week 5 (10th - 16th Jan)[/headline]

Car: Koenigsegg Agera - Stock(no tuning)

Track: Mount Panomara/Bathurst

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]Driver[/TD]

[TD]Time[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Camel[/TD]

[TD]2:05.911[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Clarence[/TD]

[TD]2:06.605[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mr Softie[/TD]

[TD]2:07.621[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]hassan[/TD]

[TD]2:08.594[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The people who did the dirty lap markers need a good slap. Don't think I've found a single track where they've not got it wrong. I managed a 2:08.292 with a clean lap and had much faster "dirty laps".

You tap the inside wall of a corner that unsettles the car, slows you down and loses you a bit of time on what otherwise would be a really good lap. Dirty lap.

You come out of a corner a tiny bit too fast and the back end slides and taps the wall which doesn't slow you down and gives you an advantage. No dirty lap marker. Doesn't make sense. Would be better if they fixed the bugs that impact gameplay rather than cater to the idiots who complain that the left door has a key barrel when it should have a blank or the diameter of an exhaust pipe is 1mm too small.

Can see us having fun with this one. Wish I'd gone with the Nurburgring at night or in the rain now. :lol:

There are some walls that do and some that don't. I just keep hitting the black walls on the inside of turns 3 and 4 which annoys me because I still have another 1:30 to go before I can try again. And that's if I don't zoom off the track near the end which dirties the next lap even though it has no impact. That's the point where I just turn it off. >.<

The person who chose this track... moron! Car is fun though.

There are some walls that do and some that don't. I just keep hitting the black walls on the inside of turns 3 and 4 which annoys me because I still have another 1:30 to go before I can try again. And that's if I don't zoom off the track near the end which dirties the next lap even though it has no impact. That's the point where I just turn it off. >.<

The person who chose this track... moron! Car is fun though.

Haha exactly. And even longer if you want to conserve your tyres for the next attempt :lol: I think if you don't cut the track, but run off, it shouldn't dirty your lap. It'll be slower anyway, might as well count for something. Not to mention it usually seems to dirty the next lap too.... :rolleyes:

And yeah, I like this thing. Would like to try that 11... or 1 : one or whatever the hell it's called.

What they should have done is just replace the sticky grass from F4 with dirty lap markers . But don't dirty the lap for the sake of it. Grrr

I did buy that but it's fully tunable. My first choice was the Hennessey Venom which was incredible fun to try and drive. :nuts: But that was fully tunable as a stock car too. :( As are the P1, The Ferrari The Ferrari and other hyper cars.

What they should have done is just replace the sticky grass from F4 with dirty lap markers . But don't dirty the lap for the sake of it. Grrr

I did buy that but it's fully tunable. My first choice was the Hennessey Venom which was incredible fun to try and drive. :nuts: But that was fully tunable as a stock car too. :( As are the P1, The Ferrari The Ferrari and other hyper cars.

:eek: You changed my rules!

:evil:

Well, time to tame the beast I guess!

Tried the Agera once I believe, and that went as good as with all the formula cars... Rolling for it if I got time this week, not sure though if I can beat it, the track is not my piece of cake, and neither is the car. But who gives a damn if it is a mess, tastes good anyway! :lol:

Tried it and n... failed it!

Had to turn on the traction control system in order to even keep that thing going straight without having to push up some unnecessarily high gears. My gas foot is just too sensitive for this kind of a car.

Falled about 15 seconds behind Camel, and even that, I managed to hit some walls on the way there. Will be trying a couple more times. :duck:

I'm ahead by a car length into the second corner and when I go into the narrow section before the long straight I'm 3 car lengths back :lol:, 2:07 or quicker is manageable.

Most of my laps I was several car lengths ahead of you by the 2nd corner. But on my fastest lap I messed up braking for the first corner so lost time on the straight. I'd say a high 2:05 is manageable if I do reasonably well in all sectors

Was just turning my Xbox on. Challenge accepted in about 2 hours when the update downloads and installs!

:lol:

I can tell you right now I'm not winning this one. I think me and ProDex shall just sit on the sidelines and watch you guys faceplant walls :p