We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Rule: 1970 Alfa Romeo Montreal (105)

Rule

As long as this kind of modding is at least partially illegal (e.g. using registered trademarks), the admins should think about the rules. In 99,9% the credited guy doesn´t have any legal rights on the mod, so there´s absolutely no need to take any action in such a case.

I don´t even think a scratch made (real car) mod is intellectual property, because of using trademarks illegaly.

This whole modding thing is kind of a legal limbo, so maybe this is all going too far.

I don´t even think a scratch made (real car) mod is intellectual property, because of using trademarks illegaly.

I have had business administration in design topic for 3 years, and can tell you that this actually IS legal, as you are "quoting" the design by making a 3D model using their logos. A 3D model is never 100% accurate, so it's not a 1:1 copy, which indeed makes it properpty of the creator.

That's why I don't put my own models into TDU mods though :cheeky:

@Zogger

Ferrari ears lots of money with selling licenses for using their trademarks. I don´t believe creating a mod is legal when there´s a game called "TDU Ferrari legends" existing. The game creators are paying money for using the trademarks. Modders don´t do that and putting a trademark onto a not 100% "copy" is illegal as well. Think about the Ferrari replica cars - Ferrari took legal action against owners of these cars if they were fit with Ferrari logos.

The big difference between making official models for a game and creating a model from scratch as a mod is that game developers are making money by selling the game, modders usually don't take fees for a mod by putting it out for free.

Modders which take money for mods are stupid imo anyway

Guest sourkho
if i may add a last off topic on this ,we already lost sourkho for obscur reason that only him understand ,now we lost rule ,thanks ag ,whats left ? driver ,ok , xtenso ,ok kvrt66 ,not sure about him ,ok and that god that releases a car every 6 months .....boy ,really hoping miha is coming back soon ...thats my oppinion

Miha will be back soo but you furget will he make models so meny as before i dont think so and if he makes somnthing it will be like nissan or military car))))

i 100% shur that he will make forst 5 mods nissan or maybe 10 mods will be nissan r33, r34 r35)))))

I will convert cars and will be released in TDU-Clan.com who wants them will download them

If you talk about the permission i think all we modders need to delete all the mods and not convert from games!!!

All the game models from many sites are stolen from games and they also has NO PERMISSION to convert them in z3d, OBJ files!

This is true and that is why modding is such a grey area. The fact these companies don't come after modders or ask for their stuff to be removed is not a testament that they allow this, in fact as we have been told ourselves directly: it is more a "turning a blind eye" to it.

...this car is OPEN not closed with converter so why did he not closed the moel?

About me i will convert from GTA SA and soon i will start with GTA 5 models now i'm testing with Zmodeler 3 and you can't stop me and nobody stops me

If there's one thing we've found throughout the years of Modding, it's that a locked or closed model can still be gotten to (maybe newer software has changed this I don't know). It's why we have implemented different rules over the years that were not there before. And sure you can convert all the models you like, but this community like most on the internet, is a privately run and owned establishment and our rules prohibit these types of mods from being posted and that takes precedence.

As long as this kind of modding is at least partially illegal (e.g. using registered trademarks), the admins should think about the rules. In 99,9% the credited guy doesn´t have any legal rights on the mod, so there´s absolutely no need to take any action in such a case.

This whole modding thing is kind of a legal limbo, so maybe this is all going too far.

You are absolutely right. This is a legal grey area as I said, and it's completely in the rights of companies to go after those who extract and convert their intellectual rights from games by way of modding, but a number of them don't. And those modders who do the work of making the models and elements 'fit for purpose' also have a right of their work not being taken too. It's not a legal or copyright thing, just a sign of respect is all.

As I've already said: you can do what you want with what is available to you and post them as you see fit on the places that allow it, but our stance is, to respect the work of the original, in whatever form it comes about. If you cannot abide by this or don't feel it's right in your opinion then I am sorry to hear that.