We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Add on Steam?

kristiannn

Hey!

I bought TDU 2 on its' release, maybe even pre-ordered it (don't remember), but it's a DVD version, not a digital one. Anyway, I got a CD key from it and now I decided to play again and I fired it up, but it gives me this error - "Test Drive Unlimited 2 has to be launched by Steam".

I tried adding the game to Steam, but it doesn't want to accept my CD Key. It says it's incorrect and I'm 100% sure that the CD Key is written correctly.

How do I add the game on Steam?

The DVD version doesn't not include a Steam-based product key, so you won't be able to activate it on Steam. You'll want to focus on eliminating that error message instead.

Are you trying to execute the game exe directly or are you trying to run the launcher exe? Is the game up to date (patched?)

OK, I'm sorry for your time. I fixed the issue. As the DVD that I bought is not with me, I had my parents read me the code and I downloaded the game over internet. Turns out I downloaded a game that has expansion packs that I didn't buy and it's a steam version as well. I can go online now, everything works.

I got another issue tho, I got my old save from 2011 and it says my tdu2 password is incorrect. Any ideas on that one?