We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Grand Tour - It's showtime for Season 2!

TIMELESS

After months of deliberation and lots of useful suggestions from the public, for which the guys are very grateful, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have decided that, because they are taking their new Amazon Prime Show around the world, it will be called The Grand Tour.

Not only will the guys travel to different locations, but for the first time ever the studio audience recordings will travel every week, all housed within a giant tent. Amazon customers will have the chance to be in the audience when tickets are released through prize draws this summer.

Source: Amazon.co.uk: Originals: Amazon Video

I'm really excited about this giant tent.

Credit to BeSweeet for throwing this link at me.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I no understando

Is "The Grand Tour" the name of the show or is this just another show they're doing - like the TG Live events?

It's like right there! :p "Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have decided that, because they are taking their new Amazon Prime Show around the world, it will be called The Grand Tour." So yeah this is it. Bit of a lame choice of name.

I no understando

Is "The Grand Tour" the name of the show or is this just another show they're doing - like the TG Live events?

Guessing by the banner on Amazon, I think it's the name of the show.

GT_LandingPage_Header._V272879589_.jpg

Bit of an odd one, makes me think of the sort of show Ewan McGregor would do while touring on bikes or any travel show, rather than something that's about mucking about with cars.

The Grand Tour was the traditional trip of Europe undertaken by mainly upper-class European young men of means, or those of more humble origin who could find a sponsor. The custom flourished from about 1660 until the advent of large-scale rail transport in the 1840s, and was associated with a standard itinerary. It served as an educational rite of passage.

Grand Tour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The idea could work, but if the fact they're moving around a lot, and if the new place itself takes away from what we know and love then i'll be kinda disappointed.

That said, people do need to understand that this is a different show and that we shouldn't be expecting TopGear but on Amazon. I do like the idea of touring around the world it could work well, but i'm also quite skeptical about it (as I am with everything) so will have to see.

We already knew the show was a collection of 'TG specials' from around the world, where they have various car themed missions, so I guess the name kinda fits. It's just not... amazing. I guess they also think it's clever as it links to GT cars.

If it turns out they all did in fact have to agree on a name then it's also not surprising that it turns out to be a tad dull.... like a Ford Mondeo or Subaru

• 1 month later...