We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

CLR goes CLS

CLR-GTR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could agree on barge-ness. Even though it has a Sport suspension mode and (according to manufacturer) should do 0-100 km/h in 6 seconds, it still weighs over 1700 kg, it's wide and long, and in term of overall size impression it almost feels like I'm driving a low SUV compared to the 202 I had.

I do have to add that at Merc they really know how to position arm rests for the most relaxed seating possible :lol:

I could agree on barge-ness. Even though it has a Sport suspension mode and (according to manufacturer) should do 0-100 km/h in 6 seconds, it still weighs over 1700 kg, it's wide and long, and in term of overall size impression it almost feels like I'm driving a low SUV compared to the 202 I had.

I do have to add that at Merc they really know how to position arm rests for the most relaxed seating possible :lol:

Hells yes. Our Lexus was so bad in comparison, I'm sure some poor engineer spent years figuring out arm rest positioning :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Was sort of hoping to make nice pictures in front of a monumental former radio communications HQ, but apparently access for cars has been blocked by more barriers than I expected, so I had to settle with one of the shove-it-under-the-carpet other buildings on the site... At least I had a nice trip today lol

Yes, it's all mine. Really though, there will be plenty of reasons for people, other countries and international organizations to not want me own a country :p

On a more serious note: it's how Merc uses an entry on the datacard to indicate for which market the car had to be prepared and shipped. In some cases this involves for example extra documents that come with the car, and ofcourse pre-setting all the languages in the car, include manuals and service books in the correct language, etc.

If it was an original Dutch delivery, it would read ''Niederlande'' on the datacard, and the date of first registration and first registration in our country would be the same.

This car is imported, it was delivered in germany in february '11 and got here in november '11 when the previous owner bought it. It's very common for young cars from the middle or top luxury segment to be imported from Germany. Such cars are often (but definitely not always!) better equipped than a Dutch car for the same price, with lower mileages. Reason I did not import one was because to really sáve money on importing, you'd have to do everything yourself including getting it here, which I don't have the experience, time or equipment for. Also, for young cars you still have to pay customs a rest-tax which is XX % at Y age of the car. This all would make it more expensive for me to import one, so I went for the easy option and just save up to get one here.

Mileage... I have to drive it for a longer time and save up more receipts of refueling to determine a reliable figure. I don't 100% go by the figures on the onboard display. As far as those means anything though: my ~48 km commute to work usually ends up around 6,5-7,0 liters per 100 km. It's a 130km/h limit highway, but it's full of traffic, trucks often overtake eachother and there are numerous spontaneous brake-tests going on, otherwise I'd be doing 6 to 6,5 liters per 100 km.

Yesterday, when I took those pics, I was doing a triangle trip (home-visit, visit-photospot, photospot-home), three trips of about 60 km, mixed highway, B-roads and 50km/h roads. The car considered it one long trip and gave me a 6,3 liters per 100 km.

Are you looking at any mods or anything for this helmi? :) I'm not one for aftermarket modifications but I know this is quite the rare opinion 'round these parts. I don't think it needs anything personally but I think an upgrade to some more recent OEM rims might be rather cool if you can afford them :D

Mileage... I have to drive it for a longer time and save up more receipts of refueling to determine a reliable figure. I don't 100% go by the figures on the onboard display. As far as those means anything though: my ~48 km commute to work usually ends up around 6,5-7,0 liters per 100 km. It's a 130km/h limit highway, but it's full of traffic, trucks often overtake eachother and there are numerous spontaneous brake-tests going on, otherwise I'd be doing 6 to 6,5 liters per 100 km.

Yesterday, when I took those pics, I was doing a triangle trip (home-visit, visit-photospot, photospot-home), three trips of about 60 km, mixed highway, B-roads and 50km/h roads. The car considered it one long trip and gave me a 6,3 liters per 100 km.

That's nice but I was thinking more how-much-distance-has-it-covered-in-life rather than the other kind. :D

Are you looking at any mods or anything for this helmi? :) I'm not one for aftermarket modifications but I know this is quite the rare opinion 'round these parts. I don't think it needs anything personally but I think an upgrade to some more recent OEM rims might be rather cool if you can afford them :D

:ss: Don't give him ideas! :cheeky:

The car is mint as is, different wheels could make it even ...mintier? All the same though, this is one of those cars you would walk out into a car park, street etc and be proud that it is yours.

Can even imagine there's maybe moments where sometimes he cannot believe it is his and nearly walks past it. :lol:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.