We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A Wafty Shed

me™

Yeah, I changed car again...

uBqcupp.jpg

EexUrvw.jpg

46EvXFC.jpg

Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi SX. Completely standard except a stage 1 remap and a USB-equipped head unit. I love it!

Cosmetically it's quite a shed, so I went a bit 'scene' and put pressed plates on it along with removing the wheel trims and putting some silly stickers on there. However, everything on it works, even the air con blows ice cold.

Yes, it has the hydropneumatic suspension, and yes it is amazingly comfy to drive. It also has a rather cheeky bit of turbo whistle. :D

Nice one, an original choice :lol: I bet it's really comfy, how/why did you come across it and end up buying it? :p

You've been hanging around cal too much. :p I do remember these being great to get into after a night out though, so smooth, helped keep the vomit down. :lol:

Thanks for the advice. :susp:

You've been hanging around cal too much. :p

As bad as each other...

Some of his other choices for a HDi or XUD motor were rather interesting to say the least! :lol:

-

Personally it's a really nice and comfy car, more so I dare say than the LS400! Also really easy to work on mechanically.

• 1 month later...

Well, I wanted to try a hydropneumatic Citroen before they all died, so I got one!

I have a to-do list for this car now.

I need to replace the front accumulator sphere as it's clicking a bit. £30-odd for the sphere and I need a chain-type oil filter wrench to replace it.

There's a square hole in the left rear wheel arch that goes into the sill. Common thing on these, so I need to fill it with rust treatment then seal it with a bit of plastic and some silicone sealant.

I also need to grease up the control levers on the underside of the car. That consists of putting it at max height, crawling under with a toothbrush and some penetrating fluid, and hoping the car doesn't squish me (or I could put axle stands under it to make sure....)

I'm also trying to get hold of some Citroen Berlingo centre caps for the wheels, just for a laugh.

Anyway, this car will have some company from this weekend forwards... Me and Cal have gone halves on a super-cheap WINNER WAGON. All will be revealed in good time...

• 6 months later...

I really should post here more often.

The Xantia continues to plod on uneventfully but extremely comfortably (seriously, everybody needs to experience a Hydropneumatic Citroen at some point).

I chucked some Citroen C3 wheel trims on it a while back.

EQx6Vzq.jpg

I also recently flushed out the LHM fluid (the fluid that runs the suspension, steering and brakes) for some fresh stuff and it's now even more comfy and the steering is even lighter than it was before. It's generally very French and squishy and easy to drive at *ahem* kind of speeds. It's basically very good for going and visiting my parents at their farm, as I can drive along the bumpy, lumpy back roads by just sitting at the speed limit without even slowing down for the bumps, as it just absorbs them all.

Part of me would love to tidy it up a bit, but that would require a fair bit of work, and it's not really worth it on this car (IMO) as it's worth so little. For one, it would need a replacement rear bumper, plus the left rear door (something funny is going on with the paint on that door).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.