We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Really bad TDU Framerate Stutter

tomo 427 S/C

I hate to be the guy that makes his first post asking for help, but I've come to a loose end and need help.

I have the disk copy of TDU. Clean install. Installed 1.68 Community patch, installed project paradise, community megapack 2. Installed a couple mods.

Annoyingly, when I go to play now, the game plays perfectly and smooth - and every now and again there is a HUGE framerate drop and it makes the game pretty much unplayable. I know that my PC is more than capable of playing TDU on the highest settings, as I played it before any mods with no problems.

I've tried everything - fresh clean install, installing only 1.68, installing Project paradise as well, tried community patch 2.0 - no matter what I install, the game skips. It plays silky smooth inbetween the big drops too.

The weird thing? The exact same thing happens with TDU2 - plays absolutely perfectly with nothing done, the moment a single mod is done the whole game does the skipping thing. I'm more concerned about TDU1 not working though.

If it was constantly juddering, I'd blame my PC's specs. If it happened in only modded cars, I'd blame the mods. But it's happening to neither, which makes me wonder.

Menus all work perfectly fine too.

I tried the radial file thing people mention but I don't seem to have that file anywhere, and that's with hidden files being shown etc.

Really stumped :(

Here's some video footage, you can see what I mean:

Any and all help is very much appreciated :)

• 2 years later...

Having the same problem. 940M, I5 5200u and 8gb RAM, not an amazing setup but should be enough for this game. Works almost butter smooth (some small stutter sometimes but not very often) on 900p with everything maxed out with no AA, even online suddenly works well (cars don't lag, most names red) but after a while, no matter what I do (mission, randon cruising on and offline) the performance starts dropping like crazy after some time (about 15 minutes usually). It happens quick but gradually and the game becomes unplayable, the textures start glitching as well, especially road. I have no idea why it happens. At first I thought it was only in online but then it also happened in offline. I'm ready to just give up on this game but decided to write here. I have TDU Ultra Community pack and Project Paradise, installed according to instructions.

I know and I have vsync enabled in the Project Paradise menu, it runs at 60 fps

I'll try with the radial file. There was a time on the same install and the same laptop when those things didn't happen. It pretty much breaks the game, it turns into a slideshow, people mics start to stutter, roads change textures, hell breaks loose pretty much. It starts running on like 4-6 fps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...