We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

tbc: 'the banner contest' #84 - Get on our banner! | WINNER: mau92

Eudemon

'the banner contest' #84 Poll (you can vote for a MAX of 3 entries)  

67 members have voted

1. 1. 'the banner contest' #84 Poll (you can vote for a MAX of 3 entries)

• 1) Loekie5500
    • 2) Ozzmcom
    • 3) mau92
    • 4) CLR-GTR
    • 5) Ryzza5
    • 6) carlos_69
    • 7) Paladin Skylark
    • 8) The Compensator
    • 9) nfsMIB
    • 10) hassan1995
    • 11) TIMELESS (Mr Softie)
    • 12) Andeas¹

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't mind anymore. I picked a theme, and then people kept trying to decide what was and what was not valid by their own decisions... ask me to pick the theme went completelly non-sense, as apparently everyone decided to give inputs in it. :lol:

Plus, i knew you all would miss a Lancer Evolution VI T.M.E., which is also 2000 and not 1999.

Next time, don't ask the winner to pick a theme, pick it yourselves. Easy, isn't it? Spare everyone from the trouble it can cause.

If your theme choice needs bullet points, it's not a good theme. Your theme was fine until you brought the 'no post 90s bodykits/parts' stipulation in. That's when it got needlessly complicated.

The majority of previous picks have went by with little issue.

As the saying goes: Keep it simple stupid. :cheeky:

As i said, it was simple. 1990 to 1999 JDM cars and touring cars. No Fast and Furious cars. It was very simple. Very easy to understand, and appart from 2 entries being from 2000, everyone have stick to the theme. So, i really fail to see where it was "complicated".

Edit: Actually 3. But the last entry probably got uploaded after it changed to JDM.

Edit 2: But ok, lesson learned. Nothing you guys should worry about from now on.

Next time, don't ask the winner to pick a theme, pick it yourselves. Easy, isn't it? Spare everyone from the trouble it can cause.

You do realize this system has worked for 83 weeks before this one?

Had you been more clear to begin with none of this would have happened. You posted a number of images saying "this is allowed, this isn't, we all know the difference". No we don't and I even said so out loud in the thread. Did you ever clear this up properly? No! Instead you somehow play offended when people are being confused.

Instead in the chatbox - where everything older than 3 days is permanently wiped - you bring up that 90's cars with body kits that are from the 00's are against your theme and again seem to expect this is something everyone should just understand.

In this thread instead of finally explaining you've pretty much given up and just resorted to telling people "just take another car, how hard can it be".

Stop acting like such a victim, you haven't done much to help us out yourself.

[edit:] Oh, now you bring up touring cars as well, this is the first time at least I have seen those mentioned. "90's JDM" seemed clear enough, then you go "no FnF".... right? Hassan enters a Toyota Supra. That's both 90's and VERY FnF in my book but somehow it still fits what you have in your mind. Don't tell us what you're thinking isn't complicated.

And no - I completely forgot the "90's" part of the theme when I took the picture of my S2000. That's why, when Tomas reminded me I removed it from my post altogether. It was Diablo who - after you stopped caring - over ruled your insanely complicated theme, simplified it massively to just "JDM" and graciously included it in the poll anyway.

You do realize this system has worked for 83 weeks before this one?

Had you been more clear to begin with none of this would have happened. You posted a number of images saying "this is allowed, this isn't, we all know the difference". No we don't and I even said so out loud in the thread. Did you ever clear this up properly? No! Instead you somehow play offended when people are being confused.

Instead in the chatbox - where everything older than 3 days is permanently wiped - you bring up that 90's cars with body kits that are from the 00's are against your theme and again seem to expect this is something everyone should just understand.

Yeah, i do, and i am sorry if have choosen a not "IN THE FACE" theme. It's ok.

But if you want to blame only me for all that, here are a couple of things... I tried to explain. Sorry if i thought that in this forum, which talks a lot about cars, didn't get the difference between a race car and a rice one. But things could be handled in a different way. And i am not blaming you for that, but it all could be handled and clarified in a different way. As a matter of fact, the chatbox conversation just happened to happen there, it was not something that people have choose to do it there.

And i am sorry, but i think i have every right to be upset, which is different than offended. What i tried to do, didn't work. It actually went totally backwards.

Edit: As a matter of fact, touring cars have been mentioned in the same post as the theme was. In the previous thread.

Congratulations to mau92 for edging out everyone else to take the win all to themselves in tbc #84! :cool:

It was a good battle to watch between their entry and Ozz's. And even though mau92 did stay ahead the whole time, it got awfully close, with only 1 vote between them at certain points. So well done to a very worthy winner and to Ozz and hassan for taking second and third respectively.

Feel free to post your theme choice in here or VM/PM it to me and I will get the next contest thread up!

Some tears for Ryzza and Paladin though who got not a sausage of a vote for their entries.

:clean:

Congratulations to mau92 for edging out everyone else to take the win all to themselves in tbc #84! :cool:

It was a good battle to watch between their entry and Ozz's. And even though mau92 did stay ahead the whole time, it got awfully close, with only 1 vote between them at certain points. So well done to a very worthy winner and to Ozz and hassan for taking second and third respectively.

Feel free to post your theme choice in here or VM/PM it to me and I will get the next contest thread up!

Some tears for Ryzza and Paladin though who got not a sausage of a vote for their entries.

:clean:

Wohoo! I'll choose British cars (Mclaren, Lotus, Aston Martin, etc...) as the next theme. I hope it doesn't get as complicated as this theme did :P

Is it weird that I'd rather have a distinguished last place here than be lost somewhere in the middle? Not that I'm purposefully finding the worst images (ok, harder to claim this week) but it's fairly obvious I don't have the skills to match our amazing competition.