We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DDS to 2bb Help Needed.

DJ_Edyo

Hello Folks,

im kinda new in editing TDU, but im able to move quite good around the files thanks to the tools set you guys given us to edit those nasty .BNK files.

however, even after a first success to make my first custom texture for this game (made a custom plate, yay !), i wanted to make another custom texture for the Login screen located in FrontEnd/LowRes/LOG_IN.BNK & FrontEnd/HiRes/LOG_IN.BNK it turned out to weird when i tried to mess whit the fla_0013.2db file.

I did all of my editing in Photoshop and when i try to save it and re-upload it back to the .BNK is give me this problem where the game texture is gone all scewed up no scaling as expected and the picture in duplicates in the screen. and i have in no idea in what format i need to save this picture to make it scale up correctly !

if anybody could help me whit this or maybe do a little tutorial, it would be really appreciated.

if explaining it to me to much is to hard to do and someone would be more comfortable to convert the file correctly for me, here is the picture in question:

I could not put the direct link since im new, so add the H T T P after this to go to the picture in question: i64.tinypic.com/2nsmkgn.jpg

Hi,

Dds format is the key when you save it from photoshop. It has to be the same as the one from original 2db file.

To know texture format, open 2db file with tdumt (2db to dds) and write texture format down. Then use the same setting when saving dds.

Finally, when you convert dds to 2db in tdumt back, make sure to provide also original, unmodified 2db file and use keep headers option.

That works, that's how I changed menu screen in tducp ;)

Okay my gess that it was in the options of the DDS formating is true at least, but where do i get the original texture format information from ? Because originally i had simply opened the file and edited and saved it back while conserving original MIP maps, so if i could get the good options to select before saving to save the file down correctly, it would be perfect plz ! :p

Get original 2DB file from a backup (with TDUMT File Browser), then select it, right click Properties. The original texture information is displayed in the table: Dimensions, Mimap count, Format (e.g DXT5-like). You should select same Format (DXT5) when saving DDS back.

well, i got the format type good by using DXT5 in the format options, for the mipmap counts im not sure what it means or what i should modify to get it, picture size now normal in-game when i did my first try whit DXT5, but now colors gets all screwed up lol, i tryed then to mess with different options in the Mip maps setting and normal maps setting but it tends to just give me wrong colors or to crash the game in certain cases xD

What am i doing wrong here ?

Does keeping original file size matters something here ?

Never mind, i figured out it was nothing to do whit the DXT5 formatting but the actual alpha channel called Alpha 1 in Photoshop that was messing the picture, had simply deleted it and copied on of the rgb channels into it and called it again Alpha 1 and it did the trick, i will publish my Login screen soon ! :)