We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

We Are 10 Years Old Today! -- HOLY QWUACK!

TurboDuck

Dayum :clap: This place has played a big part in my life, made some great friends I hope to see in the future. I'll find you one way or another :evil: so many good memories here, to another 10 years :cheers:

Forza motorsport 4 had pretty much some of the best memories I've ever had, it was probably one of the first times I joined a party chat :lol: going up fujimi kaido and then Forza football was absolutely amazing.

Wow, 10 yrs already? I've been around here for almost 9 of them. I remember playing TDU for the first time on a friend's house. Since that first drive on an orange Corvette C6, I was hooked to the game. I remember not having a powerful enough PC to play it, and my first purpose built PC was mainly because of TDU. When I installed the game, it was like nothing I've ever seen before (But we can leave that for another post), and not too long after it, I found this site. I shared my first ever pictures of a racing game here, a 288GTO. It was always so good to visit the picture thread for updates and encounter so many works of art (This still happens today, though).

Sadly, I've always been outside the TDU meet ups, because I had a pirated copy of it. Getting PC games down here, in Argentina, was difficult and too expensive in those times. Also I've always been outside FM races, because I've never had a xbox, actually, that console officially "arrived" here no too long ago. But, despite of it, I always came back here again again, to check pics, and then mods... Oohh I remember the hype around tool831's Audi R8, the level of detail in it was awesome. But Forza models arrived shortly after, expanding the variety of high quality cars exponentially. And after that TDU slightly faded away, but many other games appeared, keeping this site alive.

Somehow, with mine and the site's ups and downs, I always end up here. Seeing photos, reading about some user's problems, arranging to play any other game... It's always a pleasure to be here, and we all enjoy being a part of it. The site grew up, their users grew up and of course I'm no exception. During my almost 9 year-stay here (With no check out date) I have: Finished High school, obtained a driver's license, obtained a boat driver's license, obtained a pilot's license, got a girlfriend, split up with her and met my current girlfriend, traveled through 4 continents (Haven't met any of you guys so far, I hope to revert that in July) and clear half way of my engineer's degree. During that time, I have always checked this site, and saw how it morphed from a dedicated TDU site to a racing gaming site, with new functionalities, new contests, new users and so much more things, I can't recall.

Wow, what a ride! Let's hope it just keeps going!

Cheers!

Compared to y'all I'm the newbie here, found this site in 2013 and registered in 2014, because of TDU2 mods interest. Yes, TDU2, a game I love (and you will hate me for it) brought me to this site.

Been stuck on the TDU2 subforum for two years. Then I bought FH3 and the forum started to unfold for me; finally I found a game I can actually tell people about without getting flamed :D

The appreaciation lead to more in-depth conversation with you guys, with which I found a nice home to stay in this forum. It's nice to have that as a nice social aspect of the forum.

You folks left a good impression for a young pleb like me, which is very positive, keep it up and up to 20 years!

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years, and I've been here for 9 of those. I still remember the day I went to town and bought a physical copy of TDU, then installing it and buying a blue Audi TT as my first car before being mesmerized by the huge open world that felt so different from anything I'd ever played before it.

This place and the people here have had such an impact on my life, sometimes I still ponder what would have been had I not picked up TDU that day 8 or 9 years ago. Life is so different these days, I'm sure that applies to everyone else as well but we're still here together and that's amazing.

Thank you Diablo and everyone here who have helped make these 10 years what they have been, drama and good times alike. :)

I still remember the day I went to town and bought a physical copy of TDU, then installing it and buying a blue Audi TT as my first car before being mesmerized by the huge open world that felt so different from anything I'd ever played before it.

I still have a place in my heart for my white Audi A3. It sounded a bit like a diesel (what up Eden?), it wasn't fast, probably not a great choice, but I liked it all the same.

huge congrats on making a community that is still around and thriving after 10 years, I have been on forums that didn't last anywhere near as long before slowly dying off, so to still be around and thriving is awesome! It's absolutely insane to think that I have been a member for over 7 years now, I still remember buying the game from a local game store back in 2009 because I thought it looked cool, I had no idea how big a part of my life it would become. I stumbled upon the forum one day a few months after getting the game, I can;t remember exactly why, but I was probably looking for some help with something, and then I discovered the mods section and I was hooked on this community and signed up immediately. I then discovered how much fun the community was, and how much everyone loved to joke around, and I enjoyed it even more, and over seven years later I'm still here and still visit every day.

Something that I I think many of us might not realise and therefore take for granted is that there aren't really any other forums like ours. I'm not talking about goat washing, nugget of the week, squirrel mafia, and so on. I once went looking just for other forums that were primarily about racing/driving games in general - and there simply aren't any alternatives. The closest you will find are sim-racing forums which my occasionally embrace certain arcade games, or car/tech forums with a much smaller general gaming section. For the most part, other forums are focused on one subject/game series.

Something that I I think many of us might not realise and therefore take for granted is that there aren't really any other forums like ours. I'm not talking about goat washing, nugget of the week, squirrel mafia, and so on. I once went looking just for other forums that were primarily about racing/driving games in general - and there simply aren't any alternatives. The closest you will find are sim-racing forums which my occasionally embrace certain arcade games, or car/tech forums with a much smaller general gaming section. For the most part, other forums are focused on one subject/game series.

312a58e0-4374-0133-5ba8-0aecee5a8273.gif?w=740&h=414&fit=max&auto=format

:gmc: No one's mentioned me at all Sorry for not getting around to replying to this yesterday, but I do feel being a bit late is probably more TDUCK-y anyway so it's fine :susp: 10 years is a sizeable chunk of anyone's life, so why have we all stupidly wasted it with each other? I jest, kind of. I was 2 months late joining TDU-C, and at the time I was concerned I'd missed the boat and that a tight knit community had already been established. I was painfully unaware I'd still be bitching at you all 10 years later. I do have quite an awful memory so maybe I'm just remembering the good bits, but I wouldn't even say it's been that much of a rollercoaster, this community has consistently been a good escape from the real world and being able to log on and take out my teenage angst on people such as @TIMELESS and @Camel has probably gotten me through a fair bit of crap (this isn't an apology guys). Initially I was involved with the gaming aspect of the community but that quickly dwindled as my offline life took precedent, so the disappointment of TDU2 never really bothered me that much, and I still haven't gotten around to playing The Crew. Thanks for keeping this place going throughout the past decade Andy, I've seen the amount of blood, sweat, Irn Bru, money and Whisky you've put into this place and I hope you know it's appreciated. Here's to the future, whatever it holds :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...