We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New Need for Speed Game in Development

The Compensator

Electronic Arts has announced that the very next Need for Speed title will be coming in the next fiscal year (April 1 2017 – March 31, 2018)

"We’ve given this game an extended development cycle to focus on innovation, and the Need for Speed team is pushing the boundaries of action driving with what we believe is the most exciting and best-looking Need for Speed game we’ve ever produced," said Wilson. - See more at: New Need for Speed will be “the most exciting and best-looking ever†:: Team VVV

giphy.gif

The extended development cycle is interesting, I think they know they've flooded the market with sub-par games over the past decade. Expectations will be higher due to this gap and them acknowledging they need to up their standards, so it's worth keeping one eye on this to see what they come up with. The word innovation is peculiar, as NFS had become almost FIFA-like in how little change and innovation was included in each release.

You have to remember who the main target for these games are and if anything they seemed to nail it with the past one even if it was more a return to Underground than the originals. The fact they've taken 2 years to do this one should hopefully mean there's some 'options are good' type customising available to players. However, the most important thing to remember about NFS is that it's an action driving and not a sim, but obviously a little bit of charm from the classics in this department wouldn't go amiss. :cool:

It surprises me to see people and places reporting this could be coming out 2018 as we knew after NFS 2015's support was coming to an end that they were aiming for a 2-year dev cycle with the next, meaning a 2017 release was obvious. Anyway I reckon they'll do the same as with the previous game as that was marketed perfectly imo and certainly got people talking and hyped about the game even though a small piece of it was shown.

In fact was not around now that the first piece of footage was shown to the world? :hmmm: (my memory is how you say, kaput!)

The whole show a CGI concept off and then have it be years away type display just doesn't work in the here and now world we live in.

I'd expect an E3 announcement and teaser, and I thought it was likely to be a Q3/Q4 release this year. Maybe they're giving themselves some extra time incase they need to push it back or stagger the release like NFS 2015.

I'm totally up for another NFS. The last one was a massive improvement on the recent NFS titles though it did have some issues (disconnected and crazy physics), but I'll not judge this until I see it/play it myself. I think they've finally dropped the formulaic, repetitive, low quality, annual releases that EA are well known for, so this could be good.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why should they create another game , since the last need for speed is full of players and the most good game ever created by EA in terms of graphics.

Facebook ad's aren't telling you the truth !

Why would they sacrifice a game with full of players playing online , for a new game ? Technically they lose money... Do some maths boy.

Yeah, HP 2010 suffered from the issue of the "lack of connection" they had since undercover. The last NFS i enjoyed, was NFS Shift, and before it, was Pro Street.

At least in those i had the feeling that i was the one driving, not a computer doing what it thinks it was best. :lol: