We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Remastered Crash Bandicoot trilogy hits PS4 next month

Ryzza5

While I did own the original CB and played a bit of the first world, I was probably too young at the time and found it pretty hard. I was a big fan of Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash on PS1 however. Even owned a multi-tap for 4-player split screen.

Anyway the original trilogy is coming in a few weeks and you can see a preview and comparison with PS1 below. Overall they seem to have done a good job.

Anyone planning on picking this up?

This guy was the unofficial PlayStation mascot for many people. Like you said, the games were pretty tough despite its looks. It's a shame they never did what the new Wipeout game is doing and gave away a classic PS1 style for the boxart. I know it's not only on PS4 but it would have been good to see that happen with another known classic PS1 title.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UK are loving it! Crash Bandicoot rivals Call of Duty success in UK charts | GamesIndustry.biz

The latest UK charts have been released and, yet again, Activision holds onto No.1 with Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy.

A minor 1% dip in sales wasn't enough to dethrone the compilation, which has now managed four weeks running at the top of the charts, and six weeks total since it was first released in June.

The last title to survive this long at No.1 was fellow Activision game Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, which racked up five consecutive weeks at the top spanning the end of 2016 and early 2017. Incidentally, the shooter saw a 13% rise in sales this week, putting it at No.17.

• 2 weeks later...

So, apparently this game did really well, I mean, extremely well, which is a really good thing. That gives us a phenomenal chance at getting a Crash Team Racing Remastered! Mhm, just imagine, you and seven other people going at it for first place, showing off your skills and what not! So long as the online functions are robust, nothing would be worst then to see yourself in first place, then you got that ONE person with that lag surfing connection who comes out of nowhere and teleports right past you at the last damn second and ends up placing first! x_x

So, apparently this game did really well, I mean, extremely well, which is a really good thing. That gives us a phenomenal chance at getting a Crash Team Racing Remastered! Mhm, just imagine, you and seven other people going at it for first place, showing off your skills and what not!
For a fair amount of people this is what they wanted to happen with this game so that CTR could happen. It also means we could be seeing a Spyro game in the future too. :)

I was one of the lucky few with a PS Multitap for 4 player split screen in CTR. I've never considered playing against 7 opponents, I'd be pretty keen to. I just hope if they go to the effort of remastering they can add a few extra new tracks just to entice us a bit more. Maybe combine it with Crash Bash as well.