We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Why do Cars keep accelerating ?

Dextcloud

Hi,

I don't know if it is the same in TDU 1 but in TDU2 at least : cars don't stop accelerating.

I mean that if you add gears to a car, it can accelerate more and more and it doesn't stop !

I know that in TDU1 and TDU2 most of the roads are not flat at all and some are going downhill but look at this :

The beetle maximum theorical speed in 4th gear is 185,455 km/h at 5500 rpm and it can be reached quite easily (in real life : could the Beetle really reach it ?)

[ATTACH]29659[/ATTACH]

I added 3 gears and reached the very fast speed of 278 km/h with the same power of 65 hp !!!! Even if the road is going a little downhill, it is very fast !

[ATTACH]29660[/ATTACH]

Is it realitic ? I don' t think so. It is because of the game engine is the engine of GTA 4 ?

What do you think ?

Edited by Dextcloud

Because physics engine is arcad-ish (but without any driving pleasure) and does not handle vehicle torque and forces properly.

In real life, even if the 4th gear could allow that speed, air friction and some other facts will prevent engine from getting max RPMs...

Can't remember whether TDU1 has the same behaviour, but it is way more realistic in many aspects !

Because physics engine is arcad-ish (but without any driving pleasure) and does not handle vehicle torque and forces properly.

In real life, even if the 4th gear could allow that speed, air friction and some other facts will prevent engine from getting max RPMs...

Can't remember whether TDU1 has the same behaviour, but it is way more realistic in many aspects !

TDU1 has a value called "Drag", which prevents cars from reaching absurd speeds. That's how you can make a 7-speed G 65 AMG being unable to hit speeds higher than 240km/h. :lol: