We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Minime891: Audi RS6

Minime891

Downloading this beast, gonna give it a look over and post a review video on it. :p

Edit:

Archive is missing the HUD gauge in hires folder.

Only issue I found was that the front turn indicators are located where the high beams are at and should be on the strip below the low beam lights. Refer to video starting at 3:09.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=ZbtIUV0wAQ8;t=189

Edit 2:

My character is using the upshift paddle to downshift and the downshift paddle to upshift. Seems legit...

Regarding the lights. TDU2 doesn't allow two different diffuse texture from one UV so i had to compromise. Meaning i can't have one texture doing two different colours. If you have a better idea let me know.

I have updated the gauges and included the HUD this time round. ahaha I shall have a look at the shift bug but that sounds like a TDU2 issue.

[ATTACH=full]30906[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]30907[/ATTACH]

Regarding the lights. TDU2 doesn't allow two different diffuse texture from one UV so i had to compromise. Meaning i can't have one texture doing two different colours.

Understood, I had a feeling that was the case...

Edit:

What you could do is create a "light flare" for the turn indicator light so that it sits in front that light strip. I think you could even unlink the current "light flare" that's in front of the light strip and make that the turn indicator. Since the lower light strip is at 50% brightness when the headlights are on and that light strip is only at 100% brightness when in DRL mode.

Edit 2:

The interior gauges are now linked to the headlights. When you turn the lights on during the day time, the gauge lights come on about a second after turning the lights on.

Understood, I had a feeling that was the case...

Edit:

What you could do is create a "light flare" for the turn indicator light so that it sits in front that light strip. I think you could even unlink the current "light flare" that's in front of the light strip and make that the turn indicator. Since the lower light strip is at 50% brightness when the headlights are on and that light strip is only at 100% brightness when in DRL mode.

I did mess with that and couldn't get it looking good, i will give it another go now. The problem with light flares is if the colour under it is slightly different it looks crap.

If it's too much of a hassle, then don't worry about it...

Nothing is ever to much hassle if you want quality. As you can see they are okay i guess with nothing behind them but as soon as the lights come on it looks crap.

As for the gauge lights coming on after a second that's because they are using the LGT_RL material. It's the only way to get gauges to have there own off diffuse texture. As the method TDU2 users to light up textures is utter crap. As i am sure you are aware with stock cars and other mods.

[ATTACH=full]30908[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]30909[/ATTACH]

Could have been worse. Maybe if you offset those glares a bit, have the turn glare above the white glare and that will not make it look as weird. But honestly that really doesn't look that bad...

Edit:

Also, you should probably update the thread to say something like "Audi RS6 Avant C7 (2015)" since the Audi RS6 is the 4 door version. C7 being the newest version, C6 was the one that TDU2 has.

Edit 2:

Found out what's wrong in terms of paddle shifters. The plus and the minus are inverted (should be; minus on left paddle and plus on right one).

Okay last issue and I will say the mod is perfect. Can you program the gauge needles so that they come on when the gauges come on? Because right now the gauge needles don't glow with the gauges when you turn the lights on (therefore turning on the gauges) and that looks a bit strange... The needles also stay on when you turn off the lights (therefore turning off the gauges) which also looks strange.

Okay last thing I swear (LOL). Can you add a second model to the archive that has the front turn indicators realistic? Having it as an option would be nice for those that want absolute realism. You could add it in a folder called "High (2)" and also include a screenshot showing what's different between the 2 models. No worries if that won't happen...

Yes it may look strange but who is holding the buttons whilst driving. Like i said it was done so it could have an off diffuse map so they wouldn't look crap.

It gets difficult as it's not just as simple as putting the gauges in the exterior bnk and it work. The gauges won't work like that.

So i will think about the best solution during the day and get back later tonight.

Hello Friend. It is an honor to be able to use MODS of such good quality, and above all, they return "Life" to this GREAT GAME. I just wanted to contribute something that seemed to me. It is with respect to the "brightness" or intencity of the front optics. THEY ARE AMAZING!!!! But ... they seem a bit lacking in brightness. And then ... AUDI rings are gray, or they also lack brightness? Just asking. If you are bothered by my words, I apologize. It is an Amazing MOD !!! and I do not think I'll change it. THANK YOU!!!

Real quick, for those that can't use the provided camera file. The camera for the Ford Mustang GT (Number 382), is a pretty good option. Here are screenshots of the interior view with camera 382:

Standing still:

kltyWWX.jpg

Moving:

Uo4cF0u.jpg

Only issue with this camera view is that the position of the looking back camera for hood view makes it so that your view through the rear window is partially blocked.

Hello Friend. It is an honor to be able to use MODS of such good quality, and above all, they return "Life" to this GREAT GAME. I just wanted to contribute something that seemed to me. It is with respect to the "brightness" or intencity of the front optics. THEY ARE AMAZING!!!! But ... they seem a bit lacking in brightness. And then ... AUDI rings are gray, or they also lack brightness? Just asking. If you are bothered by my words, I apologize. It is an Amazing MOD !!! and I do not think I'll change it. THANK YOU!!!

Thanks, i will adjust this as i had noticed that too.

EDIT: Updated with the little adjustments. Let me know what you think.

I still haven't thought of a fix for the gauges. I'm sure i will think of some thing at some point.

WOWWWW !!!! The Lights were amazing! Only one detail remains ... The panoramic solar roof is beautiful, and the detail of the light inside the car, a delight; but from inside the car you can not see the panoramic roof, but you can see the light that enters the car through it. I will say that with minor details and everything, IT IS AN INCREDIBLE MOD !!!! Thank you very much.

Updated. In the next update i will make it so you can use the remove roof function. Also i think i have thought of a method for the gauges now so i will work on that tonight.

I have also update the rear door panels as there were some parts that were paint which should've been plastic material.

I've included the cam file so you can use it with the Unofficial Patch and AutoPack. You just need to go into \Euro\Bnk\database\AutoPack Cam File and copy to the parent folder if you use both.

[ATTACH=full]30913[/ATTACH]