We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 SVR Release

binbow

What would be useful too is if you could be able to change the max rpm, cross over rpm for each sample etc.

The setting of the max rpm etc are grasped a little about a specific vehicle. However, I have not been able to generalize them so that can edit all vehicles. In order to handle these values with the tool, the structure of the data must be generalized. I will continue to analyze and expand this tool.

The setting of the max rpm etc are grasped a little about a specific vehicle. However, I have not been able to generalize them so that can edit all vehicles. In order to handle these values with the tool, the structure of the data must be generalized. I will continue to analyze and expand this tool.

Okay, i edited the value for the max rpm the sound should reach but it wasn't just one instance of the value it was a few.

No idea why i'm even writing that as it in no way helps you. :D Anyway good luck, maybe Djey could help as i vaguely remember he looked into it.

• 11 months later...

Hey, I just got back into TDU2 modding and was wondering, some xmbs have up to Engine(Un)Load_6 or even 7 (rarely)... do you mind either releasing the source (probably not going to happen) or updating the tool?  I just did this with a hex editor for EngineLoad_5, and EngineUnload_4 and EngineUnload_5.

Edited by Bryan1998

@Bryan1998:

There is no problem releasing the source code. However, it is probably not useful because it is written in a program language not familiar to Delphi in general.
I will release an updated version if possible. Please give me a time.

-- edit --

Could you please show me if you have file names that with values of _6 and _7? 

Edited by binbow

@Bryan1998:

I remembered one thing. Djey has released the source file of MiniXmb.exe.  If you decipher this source, you may be able to understand the structure of "CarVSTConfig.xmb".

This source file is written in C#, but since I am still learning C# I can not understand the contents yet.

-- edit --

An updated version released. Please see the top of this thread.

Edited by binbow

• 1 year later...

Great tool, but I don't fully understand what the Loads mean. A tutorial video on what each and every value represent ingame would be of much help. I just got into sound modding, and understanding how this tool works and what the different loads mean would greatly improve it. Does the different Loads mean when the sounds activate or is it just changing the volume of the sounds for example?

8 hours ago, Lunardo said:

Great tool, but I don't fully understand what the Loads mean. A tutorial video on what each and every value represent ingame would be of much help. I just got into sound modding, and understanding how this tool works and what the different loads mean would greatly improve it. Does the different Loads mean when the sounds activate or is it just changing the volume of the sounds for example?

I've heard before that “Load” means the accelerator pedal is depressed and “Unload” means the pedal is released. And, load "n" means the engine r.p.m range.

Edited by binbow

On 7/19/2020 at 7:33 PM, binbow said:

I've heard before that “Load” means the accelerator pedal is depressed and “Unload” means the pedal is released. And, load "n" means the engine r.p.m range.

Thanks for your answer! I've tested this and in many cases 2 loads are the same rpm range, which is strange of course. Some engines have a weird sound loop in the higher rpm change, and by setting one load to 0 it disappears for example. But all in all, TDU 2's sound engine is utter garbage by looking at the files and how they are used, your tool helps in the making of a sound mod, but I hope there is someone out there who knows what the loads exactly represent, so sound modders can make even better sound mods.

• 2 months later...