We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Our community going forward

Eudemon

By mod pool you mean allow others to upload lost mod and credit them in the download section?

I too think download session should open other game mods as well.

but I am not sure which one works best so I would like everyone's opinion, I think option 2 is the way to go.

1) option 1

Download (this would be issue for lesser known games, and maintenance problem for future games)

--game1

----mod type1

----mod type2

----mod type3

--game2

----mod type1

----mod type2

----mod type3

--game3

----mod type1

----mod type2

----mod type3

or

2) option 2

Download (where each game will differentiate by download title and tags)

--mod type1

--mod type2

--mod type3

Indeed, option 2 seems to me the best way too. :)

And about the mod pool. I think, best would be, if this has to be managed/moderated, because we all know the people ... otherwise there will be chaos someday. ;)

Yes, everybody should be allowed to upload in general, considering the point above.

Parallel there have to be published proper mod lists to prevent hosting the same mods several times, except when they have different features.

Edit:

There is a problem, I want to point to, before I will forget it.

A couple of mods came with several options/features/bonuses, like several rims, interiors, and so on.

In general these mods were complete at their first/second publishing by their modders.

Meanwhile there are "uncomplete mod packs" flying around, for example at playground.ru, with just a few or no options/features/bonuses of their original pack.

Also the modder credits are from time to time wrong or not given.

It has to be prevented, that these uncomplete mod packs will be published, if the original is already listed.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be prevented, that these uncomplete mod packs will be published, if the original is already listed.

I believe this is not really something easy to achieve. Mostly because the upload won't check file-per-file to see if they are the same/duplicated uploaded files. Plus, the uploader can easily over-rule something that could match the file name by renaming it. So, it's up to us, members, to actually take care of that. Check and if it's a duplicated, report it to moderators, so they can either delete/close/merge, whatever they seem fit.

Modders also could get asked for their agreement to republish their mods.

And if the original modders aren't available anymore, I don't think, that they wouldn't care today.

The conflicts in the past about someone was stealing a mod of someone else is still present to me.

But today, I think the situation is way more relaxed.

Sorry for offtopic, but you also have some of my mods on your page I never gave permission to / I never officially released.

[quote name='insaneone']Hey all, I have been taking time out to explore new avenues and also enjoying the recent bout of decent weather that's been here the last few days. And I, like many of you, was surprised to hear that the :duck: again has a new owner. However, I don't think it has been in better hands! From what @Diablo has told me and the direct approach to the members of the community itself through this topic, I feel like, even though it's cliché to say, that the duck can really fly under their direction. Hearing that they themselves have a community that has been going on a while and also that they have proper development credentials really does bode well in many areas. As let's face it, that was an area I always scraped by in. The site and forum did use to play nice together, with a working SSO between the previous board software and WordPress but again it was my lack of writing worth that made that start to fall by the wayside. We did have good people who contributed a piece here and there but again the drive in them was lost and was left to me, and I hate that I couldn't do it, in fact, I found it a real struggle. And it was this that led me to upgrading to Xenforo as the benefits to the community of that outweighed the negatives for me. Even though I had to mad scientist together something that made WordPress recognise the visitor as a member and at what level. I really live by trial and error! :lol: A chatbox is a cool thing to have on a community but when people start to take it for granted and use it in ways it isn't meant to be then it becomes troublesome. Part of the reason for passing on turboduck for me was for someone to come in with no sense of loyalty or emotional attachment, and turn things around in this area. I really like the changes and improvements that are planned and hope that I can, in time, get involved more too.[/QUOTE] I am interested to hear what made you switch to xenforo, vs others like IPB that you have probably came across when doing research. overall, I think you did a very good job of keeping the community alive in the age of dying forums (in my opinion they will still live, just in a different form now), so you should be proud of yourself.

I believe this is not really something easy to achieve. Mostly because the upload won't check file-per-file to see if they are the same/duplicated uploaded files. Plus, the uploader can easily over-rule something that could match the file name by renaming it. So, it's up to us, members, to actually take care of that. Check and if it's a duplicated, report it to moderators, so they can either delete/close/merge, whatever they seem fit.

correct,

and my plan list will slowly be implemented, because I have a full-time job and other websites to take care,

but after the transition to new system I want to take in new global moderators to help out some of new stuff (you're invited *wink *wink)

[quote name='TDUZoqqer']Sorry for offtopic, but you also have some of my mods on your page I never gave permission to / I never officially released.[/QUOTE] On my page are [B]only[/B] pictures, [B]not one direct download link[/B] at all, also not one link of your mods. If there are some links, like with Miha2795 mods, they just link to his own publishing page, no direct download. Edit: @TDUZoqqer, the following we wrote, perhaps you remember: [INDENT] Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 17:38:15 +0000 From: xxx@xxx To: [email][email protected][/email] Subject: Downloadlinks ... Wenn dich jemand nach dem Mod fragt, bitte ihn bitte mir eine Nachricht zu schreiben, und den nicht selbst zu schicken. Danke ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 20:37:34 +0200 From: [email][email protected][/email] To: xxx@xxx Subject: Re: Siracusa Downloadlinks Hi xxx, ich wollte Dir nur nochmal persönlich sagen, dass ich Deine Mods inkl. Siracusa, nicht weitergegeben habe. Das hatte ich Dir ja damals bereits versprochen. [/INDENT] And this is exactly what I did. I never gave your (un)released mods to anyone, till today. :)

correct,

and my plan list will slowly be implemented, because I have a full-time job and other websites to take care,

but after the transition to new system I want to take in new global moderators to help out some of new stuff (you're invited *wink *wink)

:lol: You have no idea what you're doing. Hahahaha

Ask people around about my reputation and you will revoke that invitation in no time. :lol: :lol:

...overall, I think you did a very good job of keeping the community alive in the age of dying forums (in my opinion they will still live, just in a different form now), so you should be proud of yourself.

This.

On my page are only pictures, not one direct download link at all, also not one link of your mods.

If there are some links, like with Miha2795 mods, they just link to his own publishing page, no direct download.

Oh true then it must have been on a older version of your page. I just remember by Carbonado there, and I was quite mad about that as I never released it.

EDIT: Which still is with a download link though.

EDIT2: post #3000 yay

BTT

Do you mean this Lamborghini Aventador LP 1250-4?

The link is to a publishing page at hf-garage.ru. They published it, I cannot do it on their page. Therefor it is on my list, because I thought it is ok.

But if you say, that's wrong, that they published it, have you asked them to stop?

And if so, why don't asked me to remove it from the list?

Seems to me a misunderstanding. If so, I am sorry.

but but Riza is suppose to be a helpful assistant :woot:

:lol: Well yes, but the reason i use her as my avatar in forums is not because i am like her, it's because i like her character, because she is everything i am not. Hahaha

P.S. I've been banned from many many forums, including GT Planet. :lol: This is the only one that i am still active. Not sure why though, guess people here is really not normal. Lol

Do you mean this Lamborghini Aventador LP 1250-4?

The link is to a publishing page at hf-garage.ru. They published it, I cannot do it on their page. Therefor it is on my list, because I thought it is ok.

But if you say, that's wrong, that they published it, have you asked them to stop?

And if so, why don't asked me to remove it from the list?

Seems to me a misunderstanding. If so, I am sorry.

sourkho have reuploaded it back then and spread the 3D model all around, and additonally converted it himself (which you also shared without a link). I wrote the admins of HF-Garage never recieving any reply, I also wrote you on the email adress on your page, but the mail wasn't sent as it told me the adress is not available.

Hm, curious about the mail thing, I never changed it, and is still working.

Anyway the link to HF Garage is removed.

Do you want me to delete your mod from my list additionally?

Edit:

You are right, at the impressum page were transposed letters within the link. It's corrected now.