We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TC2 Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Ryzza5

Just purchased the Gold edition on PC and successfully got 20% off for 100 Ubi points. The purchase gave me another 100+ points so I can get 20% off a future purchase (or more likely some unique car variant in the game).

I did that in march too to pre-order the motor-edition. And now, seeing how much the season-pass will cost, it looks like a good decision. (79,99 Euro for the motor-edition compared to 59,99 basegame + 40 $ (probably 30 Euro) for the SP. (Of course you have to cut the 20% discount from these prizes, but it still does look like that.)

• 2 weeks later...

had a chance to spend about an hour with the beta. Sad to say there isn't much improvement over the first game in terms of driving. The cars have a little more weight to them but they still have f1 level grip and overpowered brakes. The wheel support is exactly the same, no actual improvements there, almost zero feeling, the linearity feels awful and force feedback is laughable. It also still has the annoying features from the first game like the auto-brake and auto-rev match.

It could've been a great game just like the first one but very disappointed to see they haven't spent any effort on improving the physics or the wheel support.I doubt it will improve post-launch, maybe gonna wait for a sale on this one.

The general meaning is the handling is better than in TC2, but the wheelsupport definitely got a step back compared to TC1.

Last night i drove a small stint with a friend to test his twitchsettings for streaming and we drove about 10 races. Compared to the other tests i participated over the last 8 months it was the worst drivingexperience so far in TC2. The lag of FFB was the worst part. I had it on 100% ingame and it felt like 30-40% when i started the first race. (As comparison in TC1 i have the FFB at 70% in the profiler and around the same in the game, and it feels good enough to drive fast and clean.) Race by race it vanished more and more until i had no FFB at all anymore. I never experienced such weird behaviour of the FFB.

The wheelsupport wasn't the best in all the other tests, but at least you could drive. But this time it was just unacceptably bad. I really hope the open beta was just an older build and they tweaked it already to an acceptable level for the final game. (In two days i can tell more about it.)