We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon 4 Announced!

TIMELESS

Welcome To Blighty, Mate!

Yeah sorry... cliche, I know.

Unbelievable. The location of Forza Horizon 4 is the UK? Well bloody 'ell I'm excited. As IGN put it "Playground’s Britain looks to me like a decade of Top Gear episodes brought to life," and what's not to love about that? But anyway that's not all that's exciting. Let's get into the nitty-gritty.

• 'Beautiful, Historic Britain' - So far there's only confirmation of England and Scotland (Edinburgh, Lake District, Cotswolds, etc), but I'm hoping we'll also see the excellent Welsh driving roads and of course the Isle of Man. (And yeah I wouldn't mind seeing my home country of NI... but that's unlikely now isn't it?)
  • Dynamic livestock and fields! No really. "So wheat fields will appear green and fresh in spring [and] return to their characteristic golden colour in summer. In autumn you’ll see all that harvested and baled up, ready to go, and in winter obviously the field will be fallow" - art director Ben Penrose.
  • New driving surfaces: dry mud, wet mud, compact snow, deep snow, ice, etc.
  • There's an off-road adventure park!

Vehicles:

• Over 450 vehicles.
  • New customisation options such as 'Drift Suspension'.
  • Cover cars are McLaren Senna and Land Rover Defender 90 - God bless the Queen!

Gameplay:

• Shared world - goodbye drivatars! :D With up to 72 players per server there's no more need for drivatars.. isn't that fantastic? Don't fear the rammers - only your friends can crash into you. Strangers will be ghosted on contact.

• It's Not Always Online - if you're a bit of a lone wolf like myself you'll be happy to hear you can go be alone if you want. Well... alone with the drivatars.
  • Seasons - Dynamic seasons; "Every season changes the world around you".
  • Dynamic time of day.
  • Dynamic weather.
  • Dynamic seasons, TOD, and weather will be synced for every player so you'll experience it all together at the same time. Each season will last for 1 week.
  • Purchase properties - Oh hi, TDU! Apparently, this includes Edinburgh Castle... I wonder how many Forzabucks that'll cost?
  • Purchase businesses - Have you dreamt of owning your own taxi firm? You're in luck.
  • 60FPS mode available on the Xbox X.
  • Native 4K and HDR.
  • Quick-chat - use the D-Pad to communicate with other players, useful for us Xboxers who CBA with a microphone!
  • Co-Op - seamlessly enter co-op from within the game world. Up to 6 players.
  • Forzathon Live - world events available for up to 12 players.
  • Horizon Stories - Sounds reminiscent of TDU/TDU2 driving contracts; a bunch of "cool driving opportunities" like being a stunt driver in a movie.
  • Avatar customisation - Sounds familiar, doesn't it? 500 apparel choices for both genders and even post-race emotes/reactions like GTA.

More details when we have them :)

cqF35zO.jpg

KHLe7yi.jpg

caom42r.jpg

yachaPq.jpg

KEyFiin.jpg

6AtDPSH.jpg

VQJ1WB5.jpg

Release date: October 2nd, 2018

Well, looks like it's official! FH4 is in the UK!

So excited for this game, especially from this tidbit on the website; "With over 450 cars from more than 100 licensed manufacturers, Forza Horizon 4 features the largest and most diverse Horizon car roster yet with all the customization options Forza players love, like new Drift Suspension upgrades and driver personalization with character clothing, accessories and emotes. And for the first time in the Horizon series, players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks."

That sure sounds like a certain other game that many people love around here doesn't it?

I'm really surprised that they've taken some of the feedback from community with TDU style properties, actual driving roads(from what it looks like in the trailer) etc.

I'm a bit skeptical about the seasons though. If it's anything like the dynamic weather in horizon games it's gonna get annoying really quick.

[quote name='Ryzza5']Looks really nice, how about those trees, eh @insaneone ? My only skepticism is over the size of the map. I know they roll these out every two years and slowly get bigger and bigger but they really need to deliver something as large and intricate as TDU1 (>10 years later). More time will tell, hopefully before launch.[/QUOTE] I don't think that's gonna happen, forza audience doesn't really care about map size from what I can see on forums. If TC2 could deliver 1/10th of the driving experience of horizon it's gonna be my choice of weapon for sure.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...