We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

So my facebook account got disabled

Eudemon

I post pretty regularly and stay updated with friends for both my personal account and page that has 35k followers,

Both got permanent ban due to copy right infringement on something I posted to the page many months or year ago.

Sent repeal request but never heard back.

This has dramatically shift my strategy, I plan to drop Facebook for both personal things and sites,

and I am thinking about abandoning my other main website project because I already spent so much resources in building user base (perhaps a merge to here?),

on the other end, I plan to not use Facebook API unless necessary,

drop React JS and native in favor of Angular / Vue JS.

Despite this drama all the sudden, I was surprisingly calm,

this again tells you what you post on Facebook does not belong to you.

What do you guys think.

user accounts (tho no-one is active anymore), blog post, forum posts, pictures

everything here will stay the same, only difference is you got few old posts

and I am not sure how much hassle needs to be done for merger to happen

I still have access to tduck facebook page tho, the page got disabled is my Anime fan page

user accounts (tho no-one is active anymore), blog post, forum posts, pictures

everything here will stay the same, only difference is you got few old posts

and I am not sure how much hassle needs to be done for merger to happen

I still have access to tduck facebook page tho, the page got disabled is my Anime fan page

Well, yes, i thought so, but you said that you won't use Facebook anymore, that would lead to TDUCk's Facebook page to be gone aswell, at least that is what i understood.

About the merge, i still not getting it :lol: but if you're saying it won't change much, and you're the expert about it, i know you will find the best solution. :lol:

Well, yes, i thought so, but you said that you won't use Facebook anymore, that would lead to TDUCk's Facebook page to be gone aswell, at least that is what i understood.

About the merge, i still not getting it :lol: but if you're saying it won't change much, and you're the expert about it, i know you will find the best solution. :lol:

Might not even be practical, each member and posts etc are stored in database with an incremental ID,

when you try to merge two of them, symlink between one set of ID might be broken to another set of ID,

but still I'd like to be transparent about everything and keep you guys updated so there is no surprise

might still use the tduck facebook since some people follow it, first I need to find writers for the blog, will see

drop React JS and native in favor of Angular / Vue JS.
I'm interested in knowing which concern(s) made you drop React ?

Not discussing your technical choices, you sure get good reasons to make it ;)

I'm using React in professional context, so it's always interesting to fetch pros and cons :)

I'm interested in knowing which concern(s) made you drop React ?

React's current market lead comes from being out earlier then its competitors, and support for native, but with release of flutter and vue native etc, things will change,

Angular and vue use typescript which is supported by Microsoft, which is now becoming more main stream,

the future of web application is moving to PWA, which is introduced by Google, I believe angular will be first to support it,

Facebook's properties are very much connected, say your personal account gets banned you lose access to your page, your business IG, your API etc,

I am an investor, facebook, the company behind react, its revenue consist of 99% ad, with push of privacy law and ad block and the company struggle to diversify out of APPs,

the level of support for the project might get affected, i know it is open source project but still...