We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

recommend me a mic

Eudemon

I currently have a onmidirectional mic, which picks up all sound from all direction

looking for a microphone that doesn't pick up my cherry MX keyboard sound, use for video call and in game communication

customize-able multi directional mic and dynamic mic, all the options are getting me confused

Is this overkill? If it helps it looks like you can also use it to beat people with :mhmm:

Tbh microphones are bloody confusing. You have dynamic, condenser, directional, etc, etc, etc. Maybe best to look for headsets that won't pick up background noise or are active noise cancelling?

holy that looks like a weapon, I already use high end headphone (HD800),

thinking best to get a uni-directional chip on, I have been recommended antlion mod mic

I don't have much experience with home/studio mics but I was surprised at how well my new noise cancelling headphones replace the sound of my keyboard with silence, so the suggestion above pertaining to microphones with noise cancellation features may be worth looking into.

I would also suggest searching YouTube for something like '2018 best gaming microphone'...

(1) even if you are not gaming, the requirements will be similar - good voice quality, doesn't pick up unwanted noises

(2) YouTube videos will give you some auditory comparison on how they sound