We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Volkswagen W12 Syncro & Volkswagen W12 Roadster

Nick1999

Hello Everyone! Can any experienced modder can do a repaintable Volkswagen W12 Syncro and Volkswagen W12 Roadster? Us, as in TDU players know that VW W12 and Roadster cannot be repainted (unless you take it to a paintjob shop that lets you respray any color you technically want) Since VW W12's are in 2 main colors; Red and Yellow, while interiors are Blue and Orange-ish. Anyone would be happy to get a car that you can repaint in 2-4 colors. Exterior and interior of course, If anyone can or does that everyone will be happy to cruise in a car with their desired color of choice.

130 (1).jpg

130 (2).jpg

130.jpg

131 (1).jpg

131 (2).jpg

131.jpg

Volkswagen-W12_Concept-1997-ig.jpg

Heres what I know about paints:

If a car only has one factory paint option, it cannot be repainted back once you custom paint it. The reason is because the factory paint shops can only be accessed when there are at least 2 factory paint options available for a car.

So if you want to restore the original factory paint, you need to go open TDU Modding Tools and give the car 2 factory paint colors to open up the factory paint shops. In my case, TDU Modding Tools already comes packaged with the UCP mod.

Also keep in mind that adding custom factory paints will not show up online. Only paints from the default game will show online... or if you're using a mod other people use, all of its included paint options will show to anyone using that mod.

But if all you want to do is add custom paints that only you can see, you can do that too.

19 hours ago, TDU Iceman said:

Heres what I know about paints:

If a car only has one factory paint option, it cannot be repainted back once you custom paint it. The reason is because the factory paint shops can only be accessed when there are at least 2 factory paint options available for a car.

So if you want to restore the original factory paint, you need to go open TDU Modding Tools and give the car 2 factory paint colors to open up the factory paint shops. In my case, TDU Modding Tools already comes packaged with the UCP mod.

Also keep in mind that adding custom factory paints will not show up online. Only paints from the default game will show online... or if you're using a mod other people use, all of its included paint options will show to anyone using that mod.

But if all you want to do is add custom paints that only you can see, you can do that too.

Hi there! Yeah i tried to give my VW W12 a second color called *Ruby Red Metallic* and i saved it, but when i went to the dealer ship and actually get it, the color is actually black, so i thought that Ruby Red Metallic is a really dark red. So then i replaced the color with a casual green and i saved the color, went back to the dealership and sure enough, the color was black but the colors name was Green. Is there any way to find the problem? Maybe you know it? i only want to add 2 colors really, Ruby Red Metallic and Orange. Thats it. I even realised that the interior cannot be repainted at all no matter how. I think it's been made by Atari to keep it Blue. (Yellow and Blue is a horrible combination of colors). You may know the issue i'm having? Thank you anyway for help 🙂

51 minutes ago, Nick1999 said:

Hi there! Yeah i tried to give my VW W12 a second color called *Ruby Red Metallic* and i saved it, but when i went to the dealer ship and actually get it, the color is actually black, so i thought that Ruby Red Metallic is a really dark red. So then i replaced the color with a casual green and i saved the color, went back to the dealership and sure enough, the color was black but the colors name was Green. Is there any way to find the problem? Maybe you know it? i only want to add 2 colors really, Ruby Red Metallic and Orange. Thats it. I even realised that the interior cannot be repainted at all no matter how. I think it's been made by Atari to keep it Blue. (Yellow and Blue is a horrible combination of colors). You may know the issue i'm having? Thank you anyway for help 🙂

That's because you only changed the color name. See how it is in another car. 

You will notice it has the name, and down below it will have a code, like BM_03. 

That is the color. Red colors are R_Number, RM stands for Red Metallic. 

For example, Alfa Romeo GT dark red metallic is actually the color RM_14

1 hour ago, Milli said:

That's because you only changed the color name. See how it is in another car. 

You will notice it has the name, and down below it will have a code, like BM_03. 

That is the color. Red colors are R_Number, RM stands for Red Metallic. 

For example, Alfa Romeo GT dark red metallic is actually the color RM_14

I've figured out how to change exterior and interior colors of the car. Only thing that absolutely sucks that you cannot repaint VW W12's Interior. Probably Dev's made it permanent blue. That sucks 😕

3 hours ago, Nick1999 said:

I've figured out how to change exterior and interior colors of the car. Only thing that absolutely sucks that you cannot repaint VW W12's Interior. Probably Dev's made it permanent blue. That sucks 😕

Yeah, the W12 interior is blue because the texture is blue. Same goes for the orange in the roadster.

16 hours ago, TDUZoqqer said:

the fix of that is actually just a texture replacement and a material rename, so if one really wanted to change interior colors ingame they just have to do that

E: If you actually want to do that, rename the material to C1_DASH or something. C1 is primary and C2 is secondary color.

Where do i change that? in TDUMT? Where you add a new interior color or what?