We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

• 2 weeks later...
Offline documentation updated!

- added answer to 'how to create an instruction updating rim size ?' :)

- reference for updateDatabase & updateResource instructions

- added link to latest tutorial by DJvitas (thanks mate!!!)

- misc. fixes

;)

djey ! how can i change the path of the car modder cause i have a cracked tdu and i cant edit the cars plzz help me !!! you are the best :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi,

little and the last TDUMT, 1.16, is now available. ;)

Get it at known locations (see first post in case of).

There won't be any 1.17, as it's time to play TDU2 now. Maybe later for new adventures ! :p

---

- General:

* Ennhanced BNK management ('special flags')

* Bugfixes

- Old cameras.bin (1.45) now supported. TDUMT does not crash anymore when loading car in Vehicle Manager.

* Error messages changed.

* Added link to offline documentation

- Camera&IK:

* This obsolete tool has been removed

- PatchEditor:

* New instruction : customizeViewsUnlimited

- Track Pack :

* Ability to import tracks

* Challenge sharing thanks to export feature.

Djey, thank you ever so much for all the wonderful work you've done with TDU! I can't believe you're still releasing updates! I don't know what we'd do without you. :D

Also, (hope you don't mind if I go off-topic quickly...) Are we likely to see a TDU2 Modding Tools any time soon?

Hi,

as I'm frequently asked on what the next Modding Tools will be about etc., here is a quick&dirty preview of past, present and future features.

Of course, some of this info is not guaranteed in any kind, and depends hugely from modders' needs - and my spare time.

Here we go :

Version 1.10

Release date : july,16th - Celebrating 2 years of TDU Patch 1.66A

• New wizard : vehicle manager
    - many bug fixes in DB and BNK management
    - mod installer
    - manufacturer, model, version switcher
    - dealer and V-RENT handler
    - tuner management : ability to change tuning brand and location
    - wheel drive changing (FWD / AWD / RWD)
  • File Browser can be set to use a particular folder when replacing files (new setting)
  • Progress bar while running patch
  • New patch instructions and variables
  • TDU Mod And Play! redistributable now complies with new modding rules. More news soon with 2CVSUPERGT

Version 1.11

Because of yellow facts, without having got agreement from staff here, this version is not uploaded/linked to TDU:C.

Release date : september

• Vehicle manager follow-ups
  • Data
    - all available cameras and IK sets added (some are not guaranteed to work, though)
  • Vehicle manager follow-ups
    - datasheet facts
    - gearbox type changing > ok, only changes driver animation and switching sound. Semi-auto setting is for fun only and will be removed in later version if no change is noticed.
    - engine location setting > ok, only changes engine sound source
    - ride height setting (front/rear) > may change maximum speed and cornering. So there will be value restrictions.
    - suspension height and rate (front/rear) > testing finished. Looks like to have same impact as ride height.
    - supercharger type > ok, only enables/disables turbo effect
    - (max RPM tweaking) > ok, does not change performance - mainly lowers car performance if wrong setting :)
    - (gearbox ratio / gear count tweaks) > Car behaviour changed but global performance is still the same (maximum speed cannot be changed)
    - enhancing existing features
    - ability to also change Camera and IK
  • Names and CarColor Editors are now obsolete and will be removed (use Vehicle Manager instead)
  • See change log : http://tdumodshop.forumactif.net/tools-f13/tdu-modding-tools-modder-edition-t55-60.htm#2068

[...]

Version 1.14

Release date : 4th April, 2010

Version 1.15

• Bug fixes
  • Vehicle Manager :
    - new ops in exterior color management (change order / rename / copy-paste)
    - additional (safe) physics parameters (settings not defined yet) > reported to 1.16.
    - Advanced camera settings : ability to change cockpit cam positions.
  • Patch Editor improvements
    - generate it, test it
    - customize your mod picture
    - customize installer name
  • New database tool
    - ability to display database contents
    - automatic data export to make patching easier > reported to 1.16.
    - integrity check feature
    - repair feature
  • Stunning new feature :drool:
    - TrackPack module
    - Hint: if you don't know how to use TDU's track editor, I advise you to train now :D

Current version: 1.16

Release date : 02-06-2011

See changelog @ Test Drive Unlimited: Central - View Single Post - Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16] + Extras

End of transmission - new features won't be added likely as TDU2 comes. Thanks.

thanks a lot! :)

I found something that TDUMT doesn't like but TDU itself doesn't care about, fractions in the top speed listing.

I set up some physics for the Aston Martin Rapide, and gave it the listed 302.5 kph top speed setting with TDUPE, the game launched and ran fine but when I went to make further adjustments to the ride height with TDUMT, an error screen popped up and it refused to load the car.

I removed the fraction from the top speed and it loaded up fine.

EDIT: Is TDUMT not compatible with the manual method of resizing rims???

Every time I try to do it, I get an "Unable to load requested vehicle data" popup error.

Is there a way to force it to load the data after editing rim size???

Great tool, but you should think about edition for users of some eastern europe languages TDU versions. In many cases it doesn't work with them.

I have same problem at begining - i've bought normal version (not gold) of tdu, but when i tried to use TDUMT, it shows bugs like when trying to use it with gold edition.

Solution is easy - replace DataBase folder with version of the En/De/Fr/etc. edition. But then language changes to english.

Maybe you should give users possibility to choose language what they use in game?

It would be great if everyone can change car names, modding physics etc. in their own language game versions.

Oh - And you definietly should add support to gold edition - many peoples buying it because its cheaper than TDU + megapack separately.

I found something that TDUMT doesn't like but TDU itself doesn't care about, fractions in the top speed listing.

I set up some physics for the Aston Martin Rapide, and gave it the listed 302.5 kph top speed setting with TDUPE, the game launched and ran fine but when I went to make further adjustments to the ride height with TDUMT, an error screen popped up and it refused to load the car.

I removed the fraction from the top speed and it loaded up fine.

EDIT: Is TDUMT not compatible with the manual method of resizing rims???

Every time I try to do it, I get an "Unable to load requested vehicle data" popup error.

Is there a way to force it to load the data after editing rim size???

- Setting this value to a half has really no sense to me as this game is not a sim. Most people do not care about that.

But thanks for the feedback anyway :)

- Manual resizing : don't know detailed procedure but strange enough, some have largely modified database manually without probs. Use database editor checking feature to see what's wrong in it.

It's been 2 versions the tools may analyze and potentially repair corrupted files, but it's desperating to see noone cares either.

Oh - And you definietly should add support to gold edition - many peoples buying it because its cheaper than TDU + megapack separately.
Already thought about it a while ago, and for the fair advantage the game and me would get in return I forgot the idea, sorry.

So use western europe database files and play in english instead, if you really want mods.

Oh, and TDUMT 1.xxx development is now over. TDU2's state, physics and limitations does not encourage me to fight again in the future btw.

TDU2's state, physics and limitations does not encourage me to fight again in the future btw.

Limitation? What limitation? Over at xentax we can run TDU2 unpacked and all we need is a BNK packer to support the new bnk encryption.

We also do not have a file size limitation, TDU2 doesn't that file from TDU1 the bnk.map file.

That's pretty much it for car modding. :lol:

Limitation? What limitation? Over at xentax we can run TDU2 unpacked and all we need is a BNK packer to support the new bnk encryption.

We also do not have a file size limitation, TDU2 doesn't that file from TDU1 the bnk.map file.

That's pretty much it for car modding. :lol:

keep working so...

cool story, bro :)

• 3 weeks later...