We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Until Further notice i won't be playing TDU

ShadowGT

My game has recently started stuttering between 3 to 5 mins after i start the game now. I don't know whats causing it but the stuttering makes the game unplayable & has caused it to lock up my PC a few times. Until i or someone else figures out what is wrong i wont be playing TDU.

Oh & don't say delete the Radial.cdb because i have before & dont have a Radial.cdb file now.

hmm i think i know what this is and no its not the radial.cdb file my TDU doesnt make one either.

Have you tried a reinstall?

Check that your computer isnt full of dust & if it is try getting rid of it in a way which will not create static.

Make sure all plugs inside your computer are connected properly.

From what I can tell it could possibly be your PSU slowly dieing.

try not his psu its a driver or temp issue check your cards idle temps and get back to me and let me know also what card you have

Took a screenshot of Speedfan running hope that helps. Also my card is a Nvidia 7600GS

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

*EDIT* Just downloaded latest version of Speedfan which now has GPU temp at idle.

Here is one little thing you shoudl try since your on vista

insted of double clicking game run it as a admin because when i dont run as admin it lags my game out and my comp crash dumps but now i do the RAA and it works perfect. You should give that ago..

If you have already tried im not sure dude Soz.

EDIT : Just noticed that your card is only a 256MB that could also be causing problems because the specs are low i have 2x 8800GT and mine are perfect and there both 1GB each if you would like to spend 60 quid on a gig 8600gt lemmi no.

________

Mercedes-benz slk-class specifications

I looked in the exact spot where the radial.cdb should be & all i could find was, Buddycache.dat, cdkey.txt & addon.txt
Just delete the whole folder. It'll ask for cd key again next time you play, but that's fine.

EDIT : Just noticed that your card is only a 256MB that could also be causing problems because the specs are low i have 2x 8800GT and mine are perfect and there both 1GB each if you would like to spend 60 quid on a gig 8600gt lemmi no.

256mb isn't low at all for this game. I can play at 1680x1050, full details and AA AF with a 256mb card. And £60 is an absolute joke for a card as bad as the 8600GT. 1gb of mem on a video card is just a marketing con.

that idle temp is too high for a mid range card you shouldnt be seeing temps of over 54 degrees at idle mate
I agree this seems a bit high. Stuttering can be a symptom of throttling back to avoid overheating. Open up the PC, clean out all the dust, check connections are secure etc. Then do a full cleanout/reinstall of your drivers.