Porsche Pack Volume II
Another plethora of machinery from the garage of Porsche has become available for Assetto Corsa with the release of Porsche Pack Volume 2 on Steam for PC.
Surprisingly there wasn’t much in the way of promotion and teasing on social media, something that has become somewhat customary from the team. Although that is understandable, considering they appeared to be guests of Porsche at a trackday event where they got to check out and sit behind (but not drive) some of the legends that can be found inside these Porsche packs.
The second Porsche pack contains some of the best known racing legends from the marque, including my personal favourite of the 962 Group C racecar that won Le Mans back in 1986/87, the Porsche 911 GT1 and the modern day 919 Hybrid of 2015.
Assetto Corsa – Porsche Pack Volume 2 Contents
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- Porsche 718 Spyder RS
- Porsche Cayman GT4
- Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual Transmission
- Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK
- Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015
- Porsche 911 GT1
- Porsche 962c Long Tail
- Porsche 962c Short Tail
Road-going versions are included too, with the lightweight classic 718 RS Spyder and modern day 911 GT3 RS being the picks for most people of what is on offer. Giving credit where it is due, the Cayman GT4 is meant to be a mighty little motor in its own right if the automotive press are anything to go by.
Still languishing behind though are the console players on PS4 and Xbox One, who are still waiting for the first Porsche pack to become available. Shouldn't be too long now however as a blog post earlier this month specified that it was coming for them in November. Don't think many (probably being kind here) would have guessed that the PC would have two packs before console got even one though.
Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack Volume II is now available on Steam for PC. Don’t forget that you can buy the Porsche Season Pass (also available on console) and enjoy a saving of 28% on buying the three packs individually.
[gallery type=rectangular" link="file" size="seven-post-image" ids="5860,5861,5862,5863,5864,5865,5866,5867,5868,5869,5870,5871,5872,5873,5874,5875,5876,5877,5878]
The latest update to the game also became available with the release of the pack. Its contents and changes can be seen in the below changelog, including the next free Porsche to be given: the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.
Assetto Corsa PC - Version 1.10
- New Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual gearbox (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK gearbox (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche Cayman GT4 (street version) (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 911 GT3 RS (street 991 version) (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 718 Spyder RS60 1960 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 962C Short Tail 1985 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 962C Long Tail 1987 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 911 GT1-98 1998 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche Cayenne Turbo S (free bonus car)
- Improved Porsche 911 Carrera S electronics
- Improved Porsche 918 Spyder electronics
- V10 street tyres for BMW M4 and Corvette C7 Stingray for comparison reasons (v10 still beta)
- V10 street tyres performance improvements
- V10 tyres for McLaren F1 GTR
- V10 tyres for Mercedes C9
- Improved Porsche 917/30 physics with more accurate data from homologation papers.
- Corrected typos on Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport rear suspension toe link
- Added vertical wing ("fin") simulation in Porsche 917/30
- VR: now cockpit camera position is always on the driver eye position (this is overridden by the onboard camera settings)
- Fixed WBCAR_TOP_FRONT not being modified by RIM_OFFSET
- Fixed CX_MULT only using the last value in the INI for every compound
- Added BRAKE_DX_MOD parameter to have slip ratio vs FX curve different on the brake side
- Fixed some too low turbo volumes
- Improved FXX K downshift sound
- Added electronics tab in the car setup
- Fixed ERS energy deployment wasn't resetting in Hotlap mode
- Body work has now some flexibility when colliding with ground
- Improved tyre load formula
- Fixed Lock Controls penalty when player is AFK during race start
- Added brake pressure setup options for all cars
- Added vertical wings ("Fins") simulation
- Added Energy deployment limit from a single front MGU
- Added majorly IMO tyres temperature to shared memory
- Fixed Porsche Panamera wrong alignment setup options
- Fixed Lamborghini Miura long pitstop refueling time
- Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 long pitstop refueling time
- Fixed rear damping ratio in Car Engineer app
- Fixed Autoshifter shifting too early in race start
- python new functions and members
- Fixed Default ABS/TC and current ABS/TC level not being synchronized
- Tyre explosion temperature is now configurable by modders by using the optional section in tyres.ini :
- Gamepad can now use legacy code for vibrations and speed sensitivity by setting USE_LEGACY_CODE=1 in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
- Enabled camera shake and g-force movements for OculusVR