The Crew Jan 2017 Patch
The most recent update for The Crew is out now and it brings a bunch of fixes, improvements and gameplay changes.
With the release of the ‘Calling All Units’ expansion back in November last year, players found that the chases in it can be very unbalanced, especially for those acting as the police, and so 'chase matchmaking' has been tweaked to reduce this and make them more balanced.
Abilities have also been given a bit of a seeing to with the following changes being applied in order to improve the balance between street racers and police players during chases:
- Flashbang (Street Racers): Increased the flash intensity and duration
- EMP Dart (Street Racers & Cops):
- Increasing the cool down value from 30 sec to 40 sec
- Reducing some extreme effects on handling
- Unlimitro (Street Racers): Decreasing the cool down value from 30 sec to 20 sec
Cop AI has been modified to get more challenging as a chase progresses and has even been given a bit of a telling off as now they will be less hostile to those players who are using a vehicle of a low level. They will however still attack like thunder those who brave a pursuit in vehicles of a Higher Level so they haven’t went all nice and kind.
For the officers who are controlled not by machine but by an actual player, a new vehicle comes to the police garage in the form of the McLaren 12C GT3. Looking good in its police colours, this is another car that will be right at home in chasing down those pesky racers and their contraband.
The Bounty System is getting an update to make it more respective of how notorious players are in both chasing and running. Should they be akin to a Judge Dredd on wheels or as good as evading capture as ‘The Bandit’ then their bucks and bounty rate will show as one to be feared and/or respected:
Bounty rate will be used to determine the amount of bucks that the winners of a chase receive. This bounty will go up and down as players win or lose chases.
Everyone will start with the same bounty rate, around 8250 but it can increase up to 16500 and may go down (after a lot of losses) to 0.
Two separate bounties will coexist, one for street racer and one for the police.
New leagues will be introduced for police and street races and these will be divided into 4 categories. The aim of players is to climb up each of them from the 4th division right up to the 1st. This ranking will be displayed during chases along with the profile ID meaning other players will be able to get an idea of how lowly or premier (bigly?) their opponents and team members are.
And last but not least there is the bug squashing and fixes:
- Navigation Ribbon: players should no longer experience a disappearing GPS ribbon.
- Multiple fixes for physics issues with Police vehicles and roadblocks: players should experience less frustrating collisions during chases.
- PvP ranking: an issue was causing incorrect information to be displayed; this has been fixed.
- Achievements tied to equipped parts: some achievements weren’t properly associating the equipped parts for a vehicle, this has been fixed.
- Sweet Sixty Uplay badge: this has been fixed.
- Indian Chief Dark Horse fork: the visual bug that some players were encountering in the HQ has been fixed.
- Zoe’s call when completing The Crew Calling All Units prologue: after our next patch, Zoe will only call The Crew Calling All Units owners.
- Fixed an issue that was occasionally preventing abilities from triggering properly.
- Achievements tied to fines: some achievements such as “You take Checks?”, “Bills Bills” and “Hefty Fine” have been fixed.
- Summit events: some events were set with the incorrect weather, time of day or vehicles, this has been fixed.
- Interface: Fixed an overlap happening in the Chase Reward Screen with a level 1497 Police Car.
- The chase reward system has been revised to allow the integration of the new league system; cases where the wrong reward was allocated or incorrect car-part progression shown have also been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where some players’ rankings were not displayed in missions and skill challenges.
- Fixed an issue where the currency was unspecified when buying a Summit Access Pass.
- Fixed the issue where all the parts from level 51 to 60 had the acceleration bonus only.
[via The Crew blog]