We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.
TDU Iceman reacted to Ryzza5 for a record, Инструкции для многопользовательской игры TDU2 (TDU World)
Here is a quick and dirty setup guide for TDU World, which enables online free-roam in Test Drive Unlimited 2.
How to install
How to install
You must purchase a legitimate license for Test Drive Unlimited 2 (PC). Pirated copies will not work. The TDU World server checks if many profiles are using the same TDU2 key.
1. Install Test Drive Unlimited 2. If you run the original TDU2 'UpLauncher', it will fail to connect to the TDU2 servers. They have not been running for many years. It is recommended to install the game in a location other than \Program Files\. For example, C:\Games\TDU2
2. Download and install the latest official 'DLC' patch, version build 034.
In future, this step might not be required if the TDU World launches hosts this update.
Optional: If you wish to install other vehicle mods, you may wish to 'Unpack' your game at this point. If you only wish to play online with official vehicles, you can skip this step, or return to it later.
4. Download and install TDU World. Carefully select your game installation location and verify the path is correct before continuing. The installer will connect to the Internet and download the latest version of TDU World game files.
5. Navigate to your Documents folder. Look for the folder 'Eden Games\Test Drive Unlimited 2\savegame'. If it exists, rename the 'savegame' folder to 'savegame-old' as a back up. You will need to create a new online profile to work with the TDU World servers. The TDU World multiplayer server will not support your old friends list used with the official TDU2 servers from 2011. If you do not find this folder, you can skip this step.
6. Go to the TDU World website and create an account. Take note of the username and password used here - you will enter the same details in game later. Check your email and spam folder to complete the activation process.
7. On the TDU World website, you will see your username, date joined, and an empty list of profiles. When you create a new online profile in-game, it will be listed here.
8. Optional, but recommended to avoid crashing to desktop. If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows (most are), download this '4GB Patcher', extract, and run it. Select the game executable to patch (i.e. C:\Games\TDU2\testdrive2.exe) and complete the patching process.
9. Go to the folder where TDU2 is installed (i.e. C:\Games\TDU2). Find 'UpLauncher.exe' and create a Desktop Shortcut for it.
10. For players with the Steam version of the game - go to the folder where TDU2 is installed and check if you have a file named 'key.txt'. If you do not, create the file and enter your unique serial number for the game in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Please note that shared serial numbers are checked by the community server and banned from logging in.
10. Connect to the administration web portal for your Internet router and open up the required ports in its firewall, and forward them to your gaming PC's IP Address. (A static IP address may be required). UDP 8889 is especially important.
11. Launch Test Drive Unlimited 2. (UpLauncher.exe). The launcher should now display TDU World. Click Play. At the title screen, enter any Nickname (shown to other in-game players) as well as the username and password you created on the TDU World website. If you are prompted by Windows Firewall, 'Allow' the game to access the Internet.
12. Complete the tutorial sequences before attempting to look for other players. There are known issues where some players cannot join other players which are being looked at.
TDU Iceman reacted to Eudemon for a record, Test Drive Unlimited
General FAQ How do I obtain the base game How do I run the game on Windows 10 Recommended settings for Project Paradise Launcher Can I still play online How do I find a specific vehicle that I want to purchase How do I enter the race track at the southern-central part of the map I see other players in the airport or in other fenced-off locations. How do I get in there How do I level up.. What is required for Ace rank How do I use the G-Meter How do I deal with people I do not want to drive with How to adjust car handling How do I drift How do I sell cars The car I want to sell isn't on the list of cars to sell Official Walkthrough Videos Issues and Troubleshooting I am unable to start the car engine or move anywhere in free-ride I am having problems using the game with my Logitech G27 steering wheel Gameplay Performance Improvement Tips Configure Your Firewall or Router for Internet Play: Port Forwarding Multi-Core Processor Support (addressing framerate loss) I'm having alt-tabbing issues: the screen goes black Anti-aliasing is not working properly, or lowers the framerate My gamepad isn't working properly I cannot connect to my friend online How can I join a club in-game d3d9.dll keeps getting removed from my system My game keep crashing while connecting to TestDrive server
How do I obtain the base game
A game this old published by a company (Atari) who went bankrupt will be hard to find so many years after the initial PC release in 2007, but it is possible to find some preowned copies. You might try Amazon or eBay, for starters, or simply search on Google..
Here is one seller that I found: https://www.thegamecollection.net/test-drive-unlimited-pc/
TrustPilot AU gives this store a 94% Excellent rating for safety.
This forum will not permit links to illegitimate sources of the game.
How do I run the game on Windows 10
The PC-DVD version of the game comes with SecuROM security, which is blocked by Microsoft in Windows 10. The only known workaround is to use a No-DVD patch. Please find and use one at your own risk, and do not link to such a file on these forums.
Alternative, download and install the community mega-mod 'TDU Platinum' and make use of the included '4GB patch' which as a side-effect bypasses the SecuROM check.
Recommended settings for Project Paradise Launcher
Make sure Vsync and Big .bnk are checked. It is necessary to prevent serious in-game bugs. For example, invisible collisions and erratic traffic bugs, or the game not loading properly.
In the case of TDU Platinum, make sure FX Tweak is set to OFF. This ensures the lighting displays properly. Don't make the mistake of setting it to on and then thinking you need a weather mod to fix things.
Also it is recommended to have Windowed and Unlock Settings (Windowed) checked and to run the game in borderless windowed mode via the Borderless Gaming app. This allows for alt-tabbing without potentially crashing the game.
Can I still play online
Yes, thanks to the incredible work of some community modders. While the game servers officially went offline years ago, you can make use of the Project Paradise mod for TDU. This includes a Launcher with various parameters and a d3d9.dll file which should be saved in the same folder as your game executable. Please follow the installation instructions included with this mod. If you begin a new savegame profile, you will need to complete a tutorial before you can play online. This includes renting a car, buying a house, buying a car, completing a race, and entering your house. When you leave your house you will be able to free-ride with other players. Some multiplayer aspects of the game, such as Online Races and Clubs will not work.
How do I find a specific vehicle that I want to purchase
Explore the island of O'ahu in free-ride and look for dealerships. As you discover them, they will appear on your map allowing you to fast travel to them later.
How do I enter the race track at the southern-central part of the map
This can be unlocked by reaching a certain level of the game (before Champion) by completing achievements. You can view your achievement progress from inside one of your houses.
I see other players in the airport or in other fenced-off locations. How do I get in there
Firstly, you must reach the 'Champion' level in the game by completing various achievements. When you reach this level you unlock Hardcore Mode. You can switch to Hardcore Mode via the main menu after selecting your savegame. This mode attempts to offer more simulation-style handling and physics but has the side effect of 'moon gravity'. You can drive into certain plants/gardens at high speed to jump over various fences. Or you wheelie a motorcycle as you crash into a friend parked in front of a fence with a low, ramp-like bonnet. Once you enter a fenced-off area, pause the game and save a Bookmark. You can teleport to your Bookmarked locations from the map.
How do I level up.. What is required for Ace rank
Check your rank progress when you're in your house. It's under the info tab. Leveling your rank is all about completing specific tasks. You have to gold cup all the missions, buy 15 houses, buy 50 cars, buy 3 cars of certain brands, buy clothes, drive the whole map, and log 5k miles to reach Ace.
Multiplayer tasks have been modded out, so you'll reach 100% completion and Ace rank if you just complete all the singleplayer tasks.
Everything should be buyable without having to grind missions if you buy cheap tuners for the races, and cheap houses and cheap cars to fulfill the progress requirements for Ace rank. Afterwards, you can just sell all the filler cars and clean out your garage.
How do I use the G-Meter
Use hardcore mode then press Ctrl+G
How do I deal with people I do not want to drive with
There is an ignore option. You have to go into the auxiliary menus while in the car. The options are Radio, Chronopack, Driving Aid, and Free-Ride Players. Go to Free-Ride Players and invite everyone you want into the group. When they're all linked to the group, select ISOLATE. When ISOLATE is selected, the people who aren't in the group disappear after a few moments.
Note this only works in a group of 2 or more people. If you are alone, then map out to somewhere else or pause until that person leaves.
How to adjust car handling
Remember to set your steering sensitivity in Options. It can be the difference between a nice feeling car and a car that handles like poop. The ideal is to make it responsive yet also smooth and stable.
How do I drift
Use hardcore mode, no assist, manual.
How do I sell cars
You can go to your house, into "Trade", sell car or sell bikes, and direct sell it for half-price.
Or you must fill up all your house slots with cars. When you try to purchase a new car at a dealership, the option to sell your car will pop up. At this time you can select multiple cars to sell if you want.
The car I want to sell isn't on the list of cars to sell
Sometimes when you want to sell a car, its not there on the list. You have to go back to your house garage and move that car to a different house. Now when you go back to the dealership, it should show up as sell-able.
Official Walkthrough Videos
Issues and Troubleshooting
I am unable to start the car engine or move anywhere in free-ride
Check your game control options - you might have a button mapped to 'Engine Start'
I am having problems using the game with my Logitech G27 steering wheel
There is a mod available for that:
Gameplay Performance Improvement Tips
1. If you are suffering from poor performance, you might want to disable the HDR feature that can be accessed by accessing Options>Video in the game. The game world might not look as beautiful as with HDR enabled, but it should run at a smoother rate for you to enjoy the game.
2. You also may want to disable the Anti-Aliasing feature as this will lighten the load on your video card and your CPU a lot.
3. You may also reduce the resolution, and/or use the level of detail slider in video options.
4. Rename Particles.bnk in Euro\Bnk\Fx to disable various fx (smoke, sparks, etc.)
5. Use the the 4GB executables provided in the TDU Platinium's lastest patch.
Configure Your Firewall or Router for Internet Play: Port Forwarding
When you play on a system that is behind a firewall or proxy, certain ports may need to be opened to connect to multiplayer games. (Note: Doing this may also resolve issues with lagging players.)
You must be able to access these external ports:
You have to open the following local port: TCP8889
Ports 17475 and 9961 (TCP/UDP) must be opened.
If you are unfamiliar with port forwarding, search for basic guides on how to do so. Generally, you just have to access your router and/or firewall's settings and manually add permissions for the ports listed above.
Multi-Core Processor Support (addressing framerate loss)
With the release of multi-core processors, some titles that were designed for single-core processors are having issues. These issues can manifest as the following:
- Choppy and/or stuttering performance, sometimes manifesting as random pausing, during gameplay.
- Gameplay performing at hyper speeds making it impossible to play.
These issues are being caused due to the timestamp counter not always being read correctly (more specifically, different timestamp counters in the system may contain different values) by the game.
To prevent this, you can try setting what is called the thread affinity for your game. To do this please do the following:
1. Start your game.
2. Once you have reached the main menu press ALT+TAB (press and hold the ALT key while pressing the TAB key) which should then minimize your game to a window on your taskbar.
3. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE to bring up your Windows Task Manager.
4. Click the tab 'Details' and locate the executable file for your game. Typically this will be named after the game you are running.
5. Select the application by moving your mouse pointer and pressing your right-mouse button.
6. This should then bring up a menu and select 'Set Affinity'. From this window make sure that only CPU 0 is selected and no others and click 'OK'.
7. Once this is completed press ALT+TAB to return to your game. Should your game crash during this process your settings will still be saved and you should be able to re-launch the game without an issue.
I'm having alt-tabbing issues: the screen goes black
Use Borderless Gaming, set the in-game display to windowed mode, and it will become fullscreen and alt-tabbable without crashing.
Anti-aliasing is not working properly, or lowers the framerate
Try forcing it in Nvidia control panel if its not working in-game. Borderless Gaming might cause this issue. Also, its been said that forcing AA in Nvidia control may have better quality and use less resources than in-game AA, particuarly in the case of older games.
Another option is to use the tdu reshade and use its AA setting as well.
My gamepad isn't working properly
In general, try x360ce 32-bit build. For DS4 controllers, try DS4windows. In regards to DS4windows, newer builds may not run, but older Jays2Kings versions might work for you (ex. Version 1.4.52). More info here and here.
I cannot connect to my friend online
Try meeting up and waiting somewhere remote on the map to increase your chances of being in the same session. And sometimes if someone just won't show up, try rebooting the game. If this problem is persistent, refer to the Port Forwarding section in this FAQ.
How can I join a club in-game
Online features are not working in Project Paradise, only free roam.
d3d9.dll keeps getting removed from my system
When installing Project Paradise, be sure to deactivate any realtime antivirus function. It may be detect the d3d9 files as a virus and immediately delete them. You can go to the quarantine area in your antivirus software, make an exclusion for them, and restore them.
Also, any overlay display may create issues with d3d9 injections. Try closing them. Or, if you have MSI Afterburner running, go to "Riva Tuner" (it's in your bar next to the clock while MSI Afterburner is running). There's an option in there called "Custom Direct3D Support", see if it works after enabling it.
My game keep crashing while connecting to TestDrive server
Try repairing your redist versions: Visual C++ 2015-2019, both x64 and x86