We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Having lots of problems due to my own stupidity.

Ross

I bought this game last saturday and have since been addicted. I drove all over the island, unlocked all showrooms and nearly all the roads, delivered over 20 cars, bought 5 houses and atleast 13 cars, did tons of challenges, and now thanks to my friend I have lost it all. I let him play while I was setting it up on his laptop and he decided he wanted to restart so he hit 'New Game' instead of creating a new profile. I've been looking to find a good way to somehow restore this lost savegame, but the search on this forum is kind of odd to use. I've seen a couple ways people have suggested but none seem to work. I just tried restoring my computer to earlier today, but that didn't work seeing as it only restores windows files. I tried copying a savegame from my offline into my online after completing the prerequisites(buying first house and car) and that did nothing but duplicate my offline profile in game.

So I have two problems now:

1.) I am unable to login to my account with my gamespy ID because it's telling me that the nickname is already in use, the one I used before everything got deleted. I still have the folder to that profile in my savegame folder, but it shows up as my offline name in game. I need to know how to be able to login to my online account again using the same user name.

2.) Also, obviously, I need to find a way to restore my old profile so I can hopefully get my cars money and houses back. I'm thinking that the old file may be sitting somewhere "deleted"? Or does it get overwritten? If anyone knows any good ways to actually restore this file to a previous version before it was overwritten that would be amazing. Also if anyone knows any other techniques on recovering my profile please let me know. Or possibly if they know where the old file may be if it wasn't overwritten..

Any and all help is very much appreciated.