We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gears of War

Guest RB26DETT

Guest RB26DETT

Hey Xboxers! I just want to know your thoughts about Gears of War. Like if it's a must play game or I'm wasting my money? Is singleplayer good, and how is multiplayer? I'm thinking of buying it for PC after I saw an old episode of Cinematech on G4 yesterday.

I wouldn't say it's a MUST game. It has some good ideas in it but nothing so special. I haven't completed the game (about 60% done) so I don't know if it gets a whole lot better in the end. I've read it's a short game, about 8-10 hours of gameplay. I'm pretty bored already at it. It started to repeat itself very fast.

- Enemies spotted

- take cover

- shooting from the cover

- enemies dead

- repeat this after next corner

I don't know if I ever want to finish the game, maybe when I want to play a shooter and don't have anything else at hand. So far I've played it like 1-2 hours at a time. After that it gets boring for me.

Graphics are nice although the part where I am in the game is underground which is nothing compared to the beginning of the game. The game features also some random scenes like driving a "car" which are very welcome after the boring basic gameplay.

Now that you can get it very cheap on sale you should buy it. It's above average and definately worth the money nowadays. I haven't tried the multiplayer but what I've read the chainsaw attachment of the basic rifle is very dominating.

Guest RB26DETT

thanks for your opinion. anyone else wanna share their 2 cents?

i was amazed with the graphics from that episode of cinematech and that it's a 3rd person shooter. i've been playing FPS's on my PC most of the time so it'll be a new experience for me

might be on sale for 360, i'm getting it for the PC and i think it's relatively new.

Guest RB26DETT
Gears Of War was a game I was let down by. Sure it had great graphics, but the weapons felt and sounded weak and I didn't get that satisfaction I should be getting from blowing apart alien scum!! The multiplayer is good though. Shame that it's full of kids though.

haha, kids. i might buy it later in the future when the price drops. i'll play it for singleplayer and once it's done, leave it to gather dust. i might get COD4 or UT3 first!

Yeah, must admit co-op adds another dimension to the game, it's always more fun with a friend. Same as Rainbow 6: Vegas which in my opinion is a far better game both online and single player than Gears Of War. CoD 4 on the other hand is one of my favourite games. The single player is only about 7 hours long, but play it on Veteran and it's a great game!