We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Greetings and salutations

Police Interceptor

Long time reader, first time poster. I am migrating over from Need For Speed series (the original NFS - before Most Wanted, none of that ricer stuff). I was hoping to see some familiar faces but none seem to be on here. If anyone on here is a fellow NFSer, I go by Dodge Boy in the NFS community.

Anyway, I picked up TDU recently and was playing around with it for a bit but being that I love modding stuff, I want to do some stuff with this game.

Forgive me if some of these questions have been beaten to death before. I found a few tools for editing the game on this forum. As I understand it, all the car data is stored in the BNK files which have a certain size limit to them. I downloaded bnk1.map file which is suppose to remove this limit.

In order to unpack/pack the car bnk files, what tool should I be using that would allow me to change the file size? Right now I am using TDU Bnk Editor 1.0 - By Jeffrey which seems to trancate all the files to fit the original size.

Also, as I understand correctly, the car rims are stored in different file from the actual car which is different from NFS where all the model files are stored in a single file.

Lastly, what program should I be using to edit the DDS files? I was able to open them with Photoshop using the NVidia plugin but I am not sure what file settings I should be using. 8/16/32 bit or default? Should I be loading the MIP maps as well? Are there transparency levels that I should be worried about?

Also, where are the car's performance specs stored? Is this part of the game editable?

Lastly, any tutorials available that would describe a basic file structure of the car?