We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Robbie Maddison jumps a motorcycle 120 feet to top of Arc de Triomphe in V

KoenigseggBG

Video: Robbie Maddison jumps a motorcycle 120 feet to top of Arc de Triomphe in Vegas

by Jeremy Korzeniewski on Jan 2nd 2009 at 7:01PM

robbie_madison_lv_crop.jpg

Ever since Evel Knievel made jumping a motorcycle into a national phenomenon, there seems to be an endless supply of insane (and inane) stunts with which to occupy our imaginations. The latest feat was performed in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve and involved launching Robbie Maddison, the man who performed a different jump in Sin City last New Year's Eve over 100 feet and landing at the top of the Arc de Triomphe at the Paris hotel. Of course, what goes up, must come down, and so did Robbie. Fortunately, he managed to stick the landing but he reportedly injured his hand in the process. Watch the whole bit go down on the video complete with the obligatory cut-shots to his rightfully concerned significant other after the break. In related news, Robbie Knievel also made a (less impressive) Vegas jump that night, and that video can also be seen after the break.

Source:

Video - Robbie Madison

Video - Robbie Knievel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcoYR67_rTg

My jaw dropped a long way seeing Madison make that landing. Actually it already dropped when i realised he was crazy enough to attempt riding off the thing in the first place! I really dont want to think of the consequences of him misjudging his speed or angle or balance... :eek2:

I watched this live on tv when he did it.

It's jus too bad that the media are too dang stupid and over-exaggerating.

First of all, it could not be 120 feet because the building he jumped on to was only 96 feet tall. To top that off, the ramp was something like 54 feet high or something. So he only really jumped around 40 feet. Where these people got that crazy number at is beyond my conprehension, but I guess exaggeration is that best way to drawl attention...