We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ANOTHER pc problem!!

StrickenHAWK?

ok,

so i wanted to go back to XP, which was on my old hard drive, becuase i bought Diablo 2, and its not running properly on Windows 7. now im running Windows 7 right now, and i can access the hard drive with XP on just like any other hard drive partition, or other hard drive. Windows 7 is on a partitioned 500 GB seagate. the XP one is on a seperate, non partitioned 80 GB seagate. so i thought, this will be so easy. so i got the hard drive with XP on out, and the partitioned 500 GB one with W7 on out, and took the jumper off the 500 GB partitioned hard drive, and put it on the hard drive with XP on. thought this would all be great, and work straight off like a charm. instead, it came up with an error saying: cannot find a Master I.D.E. hard drive, or something similar to that. so i just pressed a button (esc or enter, something like that) and it took me to another screen, which told me to stick the windows disk into the cd drive, and reboot. i stuck the XP disk in, rebooted, and it said the exact same thing. so i restarted the pc, pressed delete at the motherboard splash screen, and the screen just went black, with a no signal input message. then it just restarted. when the splash screen came up again, i pressed delete, and it just restarted again. so, i just had to resort back to windows 7 again. But, what i am posting to ask about is, why is this happening, and what do i do to fix it?

my PC specs:

ASUS P5E motherboard

Intel E8400 Processor

EN9600GT ASUS Nvidia 1gb Video Card

2 GB kingston ram

i hope you can help guys,

thanks in advance.

Knuckles.