We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Webcam Suggestions

Evel

I'm looking for a webcam for my desktop for under $60. I've found one a like, but it's for laptop and I don't know if it'll work on desktop. Here's the link to it: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/webcams/devices/2989&cl=ca,en#

Anyone know if it works for desktop? Also, if you've seen a better webcam for sale, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

It will work. My mate uses a laptop webcam too. The thing he found though is it is hard to connect up (i.e. make it stable) as it's designed to clip over a thin laptop screen and therefore does not have a stand. Therefore youd have to make your own or use something which is the thickness of a laptop screen.

It will work. My mate uses a laptop webcam too. The thing he found though is it is hard to connect up (i.e. make it stable) as it's designed to clip over a thin laptop screen and therefore does not have a stand. Therefore youd have to make your own or use something which is the thickness of a laptop screen.

Oh, ok. Thanks. I think I'll be looking for a desktop one then, I don't wanna damage the webcam while trying to make it fit on the screen.

Edit: I've been thinking of getting this: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/webcams/devices/4266&cl=ca,en Is it good?

Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000

I took a look at it, and it's pretty nice. Found it on sale for $40 at a store not too far from me. Sale ends in 2 days, hopefully I have some time to go get it. Even if I miss the sale, it's still under $60. Thanks for helping.

• 1 month later...