We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Steering with d-pad?

Hardman

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

I have had the PC version of TDU for some time, but I'm now thinking of buying an Xbox. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to steer with the d-pad in the Xbox version? It is possible in the PC version.

I have done lots of googling, but I can't find an answer to this question - maybe because I am the only person left who prefers the d-pad.

I know I should use the left stick, but I just can't get the hang of it.

The Xbox 360 depad is hopeless anyway. If you play a game that relies on it for hot swapping weapons etc you are forever ending up with the wrong stuff. The divide between directions is so vague that I imagine even if you could get it working you'd get annoyed with it.

I have spent the weekend in a big push to switch from d-pad to left-stick steering, and after much playing with the sensitivity I have found a setting that works for me - I actually prefer it to the d-pad. So I am now free to buy an Xbox!

Thanks for the info and advice.