We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New to modding Several questions

zo6dude

OK i'm not very PC smart lol so I kinda need some help with modding.

1. Ok last night I downloaded the Camaro Concept to replace the Mustang GT Convertible. So I backed up both GT Convertible files and i downloaded a program called Winrar(or Windows Rar) since the Camaro ws a RAR file. So I opened the RAR fileo f the Camaro after I downloaded Wndows Rar and there were 2 folders, one said ... the other said Rim. There was also 2 BNK files one said Must_Vol.bnk and the other said Must_Vol_I.bnk. There was also a readme. Kelvjy guided me through the process and Was a big help. BUt I still never got the Camaro. Do I have to extract both BNKs or do I do something else. my program I opened thme on called WinRAR doesn't let me move them anywhere, but it lets me extract, add etc. anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance

2. Rims ando ther stuff like that, how do I get those in my TDU?

3. Licence Plates, I requested one last night but have no clue how to get it in to my TDU

Thanks in advance for any help you may have for me.:cool:

1. First after you have downloaded the .rar file (most mods today are of this format), save it wherever you want it on your HDD. Open it up with Winrar and click "Extract To" up in the menu on top. This will let you choose where you want the files that are actually inside the .rar file after you extracted them. Click "OK" and there you go. :)

As you already noticed, you can actually browse around the files inside Winrar. The "..." folder isn't actually a folder, it will just bring you "back up" one folder. ;)

When you have extracted the files, just copy them over to .../Test Drive Unlimited/Euro/Bnk/Vehicules and paste them in there, overwriting the originals and there you go. Mod installed. :)

2. The exact same way as car mods themselves, except a different folder:

.../Test Drive Unlimited/Euro/Bnk/Vehicules/Rims/*whatever manufacturer you installed the mod on*

3. The exact same way as car mods, the same folder and everything. :)

Hope you understood what I wrote, happy modding. ;) Don't forget to backup everything you mod. :cheeky:

You must extract the entire mod folder, once you have done that, repalce the existing .bnk files within. I.bnk= interior of the car. .bnk= exterior or model of the car. To place the rims in it, replace the rim file, located in, C:\Programs Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\bnk\Vehicules\Rim\Chevrolet