We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Recovered gamertag on new xbox, have to start all over?

tim currie

Hey guys, I got a new xbox and dont have any of my old game saves. i recovered my gamertag and it allowed me to re-download all the car packs that I had bought and downloaded before. Also when looking at the game info on the xbox home screen it lists all my achievements for TDU and lists a score of 450. However when I go in to play the game I have nothing unlocked, back at zero. Do I have to do it all again?

thanks

That's a good question. One thing you could do is e-mail Xbox and tell them about your problem. Also, this might or might not work but have a look at this. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Hope this helps. Sorry if it does not. But your best bet is to email or call Xbox and tell them about this. Oh, and welcome!

Oh, and one more thing; From thinking about it, you will probably have to start over again because your gamesaves were tied to your previous HDD or Memory Card and more than likely they can not be transferred.

Yep, you'll have to start again on pretty much every game you had. The only game I know of off the top of my head which saves single player game progression on the servers is COD4.

You still have the achievements because they are linked to your profile, and you would be still be able to get any achievements you didn't have previously.

I wouldn't waste your time phoning Microsoft. They will simply tell you that it was your responsibility to make sure you moved all of your saves to the new console, and sadly.. they would be correct.

Yep, you'll have to start again on pretty much every game you had. The only game I know of off the top of my head which saves single player game progression on the servers is COD4.

You still have the achievements because they are linked to your profile, and you would be still be able to get any achievements you didn't have previously.

I wouldn't waste your time phoning Microsoft. They will simply tell you that it was your responsibility to make sure you moved all of your saves to the new console, and sadly.. they would be correct.

There you go. About the only way to transfer your gamesaves from one Xbox to another is via a memory card or the USB transfer kit (transferring it to your computer) then back to your Xbox. Sorry. :(