We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Win7 Upgrade

Beav

Hello.

My windows 7 upgrade disc came this morning. The pc I will be installing it on has a corrupt start up file and the pc has 2 hardrives (one running as backup). Will I be able to do a clean Win7 install on the first hardrive whilst the second hard drive is disconnected and then connected the second hardrive backup and copy the data accross from the backup hardrive to the primary one?

~Thanks

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha DK wot u like........

I got 3 hard drives on my system lol I have a 320Gb as my main startup with XP pro on...

My 1Tb hard drive internal has Win 7 on and I have a 1Tb external backup hdd....

lots of storage space Ill never need another drive for a while.

Windows 7 is brilliant....Im running the Rc at the moment but in 2 weeks Im getting the win 7 ultimate full for £119.00 woohoo.

mod edit: Please don't double post, use the edit button. Thanks!

Hi i've got windows 7 Pro x64 since few months(thx to msdna) and it's really a good OS compared with vista and xp, the perfomances have improve a lot !! win 7 handle the devices better than vista(so more perfomances :D) in few words it quicker, faster, Better if you can have win 7 just install it :D

I still havnt entered the product key for win7 upgrade and its not the one on the computer so I can't get it. I think its in my college emails which im not sure how to read at home. Is it ok for me not to enter the product key till im back at college?

I still havnt entered the product key for win7 upgrade and its not the one on the computer so I can't get it. I think its in my college emails which im not sure how to read at home. Is it ok for me not to enter the product key till im back at college?

Of course the one on your computer won't work as that's for a totally different thing. :rolleyes:

You have upto 120 days (if you know the trick to allow this) to activate your copy of Windows 7. The product key is in the email that they send you with the download link for Windows 7. So how you managed to miss it, I don't know.

Well mellors its on my college emails which I dont know how to access at home. I did copy the email with the link to the site which they send you to login once it has been confirmed you are entitled to windows7 uprade but this does not have the product key so it must be in a more recent email :/

Right. You know the email they sent to you with the link for the download, well the product key is in THAT email, not the order confirmation one.

It doesn't matter that you can't get on your emails yet. You have upto 30 days to activate it. So just forget about it till you are back at college then copy down the product key and activate it at home.

It's not exactly hard.