We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Maserati Quattroporte is already in the game?!

Kobayagi

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum, I have been playing the game for something like 2 years now, but just started adding mods.

It's all going well, I've added a couple of cars and sounds.

I also added gauges to the Reventón but in the hi res map, I noticed something strange. Scrolling through the map to find the Murci_rst.bnk I noticed ''Qauttroporte.bnk''

So were they planing to get the car into the game? I tried to see how the gauge looked, so I changed ''Quattroporte.bnk to the Murci_rst.bnk after backing it up. So I started the game and choose the Reventón. (changing file names is as for the sounds I hope)

But in the game, nothing changed. I guess I can't just change the .bnk and add _rst to the name. (I don't know much about programming etc.)

I noticed there were alot more cars from RX8, Diablo GT, even YES to sc430 (I guess Scuderia).

Can anyone clear this up and tell me what thoes file mean?

Were they gonna put thoes cars into the game??

Cya!

TDUZoqqer started one, but it never was finished, I don't know if Atari planned to put the Quattroporte in, but it sounds like they did. Also SC430 is already in the game, it is the Lexus Sc430, not the Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

Oh xD That's why. I thought it was the Ferrari.

And how about the other cars? If you look at the map there are alot more. ( TDU -> euro -> Bnk -> FrondEnd -> HiRes -> Gauges )

Oh I forgot to ask one more thing.

When I download a mod car, it will replace (for example) the DB9. So the names of the files are AM_d9.bnk or something like that.

Can I change that file name If I don't want to replace the DB9??

So can I put something like: C6.bnk? (so make it replace the Corvette c6 and not the DB9).

Yeah, you can rename the files. It's called Bodyswapping.

But before you do that, make sure you know how to camera swap :) There are endless threads/posts here with members asking why the cameras are awfully placed.

OKay thanks, I think I can find out how to change the camera problems with the ''tdu modding tools''.