We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I need help with mods

exaplex

Hey everyone, im fairly new to TDU and i recently found out the huge selection of mods, unfortunately I don't which file i put the downloads in, there are many vids on how to do this, but none for vista, which of corse, i use. I would highly appreciate it if someone can help me, thnx

~ Ex

The process for adding mods on vista is exactly the same as for XP or win 7.

for this example ill explain adding new cars, but its the same for any mod really..

1 make sure you have Djey's magic map installed

2 Download the car/ mod you want to add

3 Go to your " test drive unlimited/Euro/BNK/Vehicules " folder

4 Backup the files you will be modding. Example, you want to add a new car in place of the Audi A3. so you will see there are 2 files for the A3 "A3_V6 and A3_V6_I " ( the _I means Interior ) make a copy of BOTH of those files.

5 Copy the 2 files from your downloaded mod to your " test drive unlimited/Euro/BNK/Vehicules " folder, and overwrite the files.

So what your actually doing is Replacing the old "A3_V6 and A3_V6_I" files with the new "A3_V6 and A3_V6_I" files

6 Play the game and go and buy an Audi A3. you will see it no longer looks like an A3 it looks like the Mod you downloaded.

The same applies to ( i think ) ANY mod for the game, if its Wheel Rims your replacing, go to your rims folder,backup the old wheels and replace them with the new ones.

As i said the process is the same for XP, Vista, or Win7. Just backup the files and then replace them..

MAKE SURE YOU DO BACKUP THE FILES FIRST. if the mod is faulty or you want to change it back to how it was and you dont have a backup, you WILL have to reinstall the game, as we will not post original game files here ( its against the rules ) but that shouldn't matter too much as you will have the original game disk already.

HAVE FUN!!