We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A bit of halp plz

WALRUS

I'm looking to do some VERY basic texture replacements but I simply can't get my head around TduModdingTools so I'm looking for a little help.

Primarily I want to replace one of the motorcycle jackets so it's like mine, full length camo pants and possibly even a Ben Spies replica helmet... So I can enjoy seeing myself ride these nice bikes (without the long hair).

21946_291247824565_531649565_3244130_8177861_n.jpg

Just finding it difficult... Anybody got any tips/hints..?

open TDU modding tools 1.13, go to file Browser, then, go to avatar==> Clothes, then, Click on "COMMON_CLOTHES.BNK"

Here, select and extract "helmet_00.2db"

Convert this file in .dss with modding tools "2db==>DDS"

Then, open this file file with photoshop, modify it(you will need a nvidia plugin dss to open dss files).

You will also need a great pic of Ben spies helmet(you must also know that you can do only one side of the helmet, the other side will be replicate automaticly so forget HJC brand name at the middle of the helmet or somehting written behind the helmet like your name)

For the jacket , go to AVATAR==>Clothes==>REDRABBIT=>\M_MOTO_TOP_RED_RABBIT.BNK and extract \M_MOTO_TOP_DEFAULT.2db

Are you saving it in the correct format of DDS? I've always used DXTBMP to open the original file then "save" it (IE, open the file, then go straight for "file/save as" then look at the dds format near the saving filename. It's how I got the Aston's crystal rear lights to work.