We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Impossible controls...

Methoddan

Hi,

I love this game, it's fun to play, and I've probably done about half of the races by now.

I do, on the other hand, find it very difficult to drive in this game.

What I mean is; being on PC, you don't have the control you would on a console controller pad (or in a real car) - there's no 'halfway' acceleration or steering - either you're pressing the button and it goes all out/all the way , or you're not and it doesn't do anything. I can't drive at casual speeds unless I'm constantly pressing and letting go of the 'up' key (which isn't exactly casual seeing as it's jerkily stopping and starting the car all the time) ; and steering is a nightmare... when you're going fast, push the key as hard as you like but the car will hardly budge around the corner. Try and drive in a straight line and the slightest press will send you spinning off the road...

I'm contemplating buying the xbox 360 controller which works with windows for this as theoretically, with the triggers and joysticks you'd have a bit more control over the car (as you do in the console version, which I've played at a friend's house), and could moderate just how much you steer/accelerate... can anybody confirm if this is actually the case in practice ?

Arcade style racing games are much easier to play on PC; and mùore simulation ones... well, GRID is just impossible, I can't make it past the first race for the same reason - either the car exaggerately understeers around corners, or it's spinning out of control when i'm trying to go in a straight line... but hey that's Grid, I'm asking about TDU here :)

Dan