We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Newbie ask for help - please

Burgurne

Hi.

I have been driven TDU since it was put on sale here in Denmark, and I got the megapack as soon as it was available to. I have been driven all the cars for a long distance, and then I found the 1.68a update inhere, so now I have som more new cars, and the traffic seems also different with big trucks and pickups and a limo :-)

But under the Car mod I can see severel cars for downloading, so I tried to download the bugatti EB110, but I don't know what to do from there.

Most of the cars I have been looking at, requires a "magic map", what is this?

Is it difficult to install a new type of car? In allmost every cardownload is a warning about backing the entire game up, before "doing something" to get the downloaded car put into the game?

Do I have to get the cars one by one, or is here a "car-pack" to download and install ones and for all?

Hope someone will take time and help me comming further in this super game.

Regards Burgurne

After you have downloaded the car mod, extract it (since most of them come in .zip or .rar files) to anywhere you like. Copy the files you just extracted. Go to your TDU install directory, and Euro/Bnk/Vehicules and paste them in there, overwrite when prompted. Start up the game and you're done.

The magic map can be downloaded here, but I think you either need it installed before you install the 1.68 patch, or it comes with the 1.68, I'm not sure so I'll leave that for someone else to answer.

Anyways, what it does is remove the file-size limits so that you can use the car mods in TDU without it crashing, since most mods are bigger than the original files.

And no, there is no car pack to install all at once, you have to download one by one the ones you want. ;)