We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sound Fix: Revving Stuttering/Lag

Hello there people!

Im sure that lot of people have this problem, i think i found out fix for it. Also if this kind of thread already exists then im sorry.

I've had TDU for a while now, i bought it when it first came out and i loved it, it was the dream game for me. One thing annoyed me alot, and it almost ruined the game for me. When i revved my car or when i reached high RPM sound of the car started to stutter.

is video i made back in 2009, you can hear the sound problem clearly (In garage it doesn't seem to stutter). Well, ofcourse i searched for help from google but i didnt find anything, and alot of people had this issue but no clue whats causing it.

Im using Windows XP and what to do is open up Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > [speaker Settings] Advanced > [speaker Setup] 7.1 home theater speakers.

I've tried this on both my PC's and it seemed to FIX the issue with revving. There is only one small bug, when you use rear view you cannot hear engine sound but thats no biggie.

So happy revving guys! :thumbsup: